• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thompson performance

From the website;
" I picked up over 68 horsepower from the simple addition of your product! Thanks Thompson Performace"

Sounds like good stuff.

No way that picks up over 68 horsepower. I thought that was only from using Slick50....

No way that picks up over 68 horsepower. I thought that was only from using Slick50....

remember the "Tornado"?

1701365058276.png

I farted in my car and it was like a nitrous shot. I recommend baked beans for your ride. It's like a 100 shot in a can adds power to any car.

Here are some off site videos of the plates in action.

Last edited:
There's a number of videos on Youtube of people testing the Powerblast Plate. One guy handy with metal fab even did a video making a replica of it, and was surprised at the amount of increased throttle response just by adding it. The majority of the videos I saw claimed a noticeable difference in throttle response/bog elimination. Not sure how it would translate to added HP, nor did I see any videos really claiming more. Is it worth $40? It's cheap enough that I've considered it for sh*ts & giggles.

Last edited:
I tried them on a few carbs and they did not do much. One car developed a stumble off idle and a lean cough so I took it back off.
They may improve throttle response on some engines but I don't see how they can make more power.
If you can tune an accelerator pump save your money.

It can only lose power as it impedes airflow.
Could possibly improve a poor pump shot, as mentioned.

I farted in my car and it was like a nitrous shot. I recommend baked beans for your ride. It's like a 100 shot in a can adds power to any car.

Here are some off site videos of the plates in action.

That's what I figured

Added to my QuickFuel 650 double pumper. Stroked 418 C.I. 340, 10.5:1, full roller, solid lifters, eddy heads, LD340 intake, 340 HiPo exhaust manifolds... it's just a street car.
Engine dyno was 480 HP @ 5700, 511 lb. ft. torque @ 4300 on 92 octane unleaded
Added the Power Blast a year or two later in the car so no dyno info.
Better throttle response and maybe a bit better fuel economy... HP gains? IDK but my seat of the pants dyno says they are a keeper. Installed several years ago.
I'd add them to any carb.

Added to my QuickFuel 650 double pumper. Stroked 418 C.I. 340, 10.5:1, full roller, solid lifters, eddy heads, LD340 intake, 340 HiPo exhaust manifolds... it's just a street car.
Engine dyno was 480 HP @ 5700, 511 lb. ft. torque @ 4300 on 92 octane unleaded
Added the Power Blast a year or two later in the car so no dyno info.
Better throttle response and maybe a bit better fuel economy... HP gains? IDK but my seat of the pants dyno says they are a keeper. Installed several years ago.
I'd add them to any carb.
Are you talking about the accelerator pump Gizmo or the plate that goes under the carburetor?

They don’t increase air flow so they’re not going to make more power. On a Ill tuned carb they may help throttle response. Nothing pump shooter and pump cams cannot fix. Just a bandaid IMO. I build and drive 1050 cfm dominators on the street and don’t need em..

They don’t increase air flow so they’re not going to make more power. On a Ill tuned carb they may help throttle response. Nothing pump shooter and pump cams cannot fix. Just a bandaid IMO. I build and drive 1050 cfm dominators on the street and don’t need em..

Same here, but with two 1050's.

20210918_151018.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back