• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMI upholstery

milit73

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
We ordered seats for my sons 1968 Mustang as some of you might know. These seats were ordered in late November and three months later they finally arrived but one was damaged. I ordered these thought CJ Pony parts and now another 6 weeks for new one. A little irritated just had to vent a bit.

The seat frames seam to be universal as you can feel where a head rest can be used as this wi what made the hole but the seat was dropped hard to make that happen. Looks worse than in the pictures.

IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0267.JPG

Last edited:
You have a heat gun? Get some type of heat on that and see if you can message it out. It might still be there but not such a eye sore. Good Luck

The material actually had been punched through but you just cant tell in the picture. The circle lines you see are mostly cut out but just hanging on in a few spots.

I had an issue similar to yours on a dash for a Fleetwood motor home. I went to my RV dealer and they had an RV / boat interior guy come out and patched it. Mixed the exact color and did the repair for $45. Unless you knew exactly where it was and had seen it before you could not tell it had been repaired. I had the motor home two years after that and never saw it fade or stick out. Might be worth it to deal with it. My tear looked much worse than your issue.

Just my $.02!

They picked up the seats the next day. I did not want to pay more to have something fixed as I do have the time. I did think about it but not knowing who could do the work around here.

I get it completely. You just shell out a bunch of money and then it falls back on you. I have a lot of those it seems. I'm getting tired of the $50 fixits that I have to absorb. Best of luck

Auto Transport Service
Back