• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission Rebuild Kit Shelf Life

JedIEG

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
A few years ago I was collecting parts for a big block swap. I got at crusty old 727 and bought a rebuild kit for it back 6-7 years ago. Does anyone know if those have a shelf life?

A few years ago I was collecting parts for a big block swap. I got at crusty old 727 and bought a rebuild kit for it back 6-7 years ago. Does anyone know if those have a shelf life?
As long as the gaskets are not dried out you should be good to go.
Mike

I would look for rust pitting unless it has been in a good environment not exposed to moisture.

As long as the rebuild kit was stored somewhere dried, I would think it would be okay for many years. My dad and myself have engine and trans gaskets that we've had for 10+ years that we store in our garages that are okay.

the older new parts are, the more I trust them (more to do with the current crop of sub-standrd parts)......after careful inspection of course

You maybe lucky and they are old enough to be made in USA !!

Auto Transport Service
Back