• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission

aceofspades

Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
What the hell is a 410 transmission??? On a 1975 D200?

Screenshot_2017-12-26-12-33-00.png

uhoh.gif

NP 435 is the trans, no auto 4 spd in those,
Hoping he means 4:10 differential ratio, or just another genius.
oldgit.gif

I didn't think there was a 410 trans, that would be the gear ratio in the rear.

Last edited:
Never heard of it... reminds me a couple weeks ago a guy told me he had a switch in his srt Jeep that when there’s more people in his car or more weight he can hit the switch and it’ll go just as fast, basically said weight doesn’t matter in his car....

4:10 refers to the gear ratio in the Dif, not the trans LMAO !!
V8 318, 4speed trans, 4:10 gears. sounds like a nice setup to me !

Just someone else believing what someone told him that new squat about anything. The only four speed auto this could possible be would be an Allison found behind the 413 on 2 1/2 ton military vehicles. But I would question if it would even fit between the frame rails of a D200.
The trans had no od.

Never heard of it... reminds me a couple weeks ago a guy told me he had a switch in his srt Jeep that when there’s more people in his car or more weight he can hit the switch and it’ll go just as fast, basically said weight doesn’t matter in his car....
This dude has an anti-gravity switch in his Jeep, coooool!!!!!:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

Had a 79 D200 3/4 ton reg cab pickup with 318, 4.10 gears. It did very well but got 12mph loaded or not. Kinda the same thing with my 79 D300 Club Cab Adventurer SE LWB with 360, granny 4 speed and 4.10's but only at 8mpg loaded or not lol

Finally got him corrected. I told him these trucks came with a 3 speed 727 transmission, and the rear end would be 4:10 gears.

He said "sounds correct". He apparently just know what he was talking about.

Auto Transport Service
Back