• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trends in project car pricing. What does 12k buy in todays market?

mr_belvedere

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Been away from the Mopar hobby for a few years, and was recently browsing some Mopar for sale ads.
Appears good, solid '68-'70 B-bodies are getting fewer and farther between. (solid as in structurally solid needing floor/trunk floor repair/replacement, quarter panel patch/replacement)
What can one expect for 12 grand when looking at '68-9 Superbees and Roadrunners?
Thanks!
*EDIT- This thread was directed at project cars. I didn't specify, sorry*

Last edited:
You probably won't get much of a roadrunner or super bee these days that's not all rusted out or missing most parts. Everyone "knows what they got" and think they're selling on mecum or some ****. You might be able to find a semi decent 68-69 small block Satellite or Coronet for that price that even drives. You have to keep your eyes open on facebook marketplace, craigslist, and the for sale ads on this site. Sometimes a guy can get lucky though. Good luck!

Been away from the Mopar hobby for a few years, and was recently browsing some Mopar for sale ads.
Appears good, solid '68-'70 B-bodies are getting fewer and farther between. (solid as in structurally solid needing floor/trunk floor repair/replacement, quarter panel patch/replacement)
What can one expect for 12 grand when looking at '68-9 Superbees and Roadrunners?
Thanks!
*EDIT- This thread was directed at project cars. I didn't specify, sorry*

The following thread will give you a flavor of what has been showing up around the country for $10,000 or less:

The Under 10K for sale thread

If your looking for a project. The one above looks to be a really good start. And in your price range.

A little transparency-
I am pursuing a project that I need like another hole in the head. The car looks like it would have been about a 3-4k priced project 15-20 years ago.
I know- that was then, this is now….
If I pull the trigger on it, I will need to move a couple (or more) b-body projects down the road in the near future. Just trying to get acclimated to today’s market.

The cars are drying up. Now we're down to the crap.
Unless you're super lucky.

A little transparency-
I am pursuing a project that I need like another hole in the head. The car looks like it would have been about a 3-4k priced project 15-20 years ago.
I know- that was then, this is now….
If I pull the trigger on it, I will need to move a couple (or more) b-body projects down the road in the near future. Just trying to get acclimated to today’s market.
Unfortunately, a car like that 68 R/T I posted is most likely what you are going to get nowadays in a 68-69 B-body for the $ you want to spend. I'm sure you are aware, but start with something like that car as solid as possible. But in the end, you will still be upside down in it.....

I don't think you're gonna do too much better than that.
That's a decent project. The guy who owns it is a friend of mine. He has lots of cool stuff. the 67 Coronet R/T for sale on here is his as well.

Holy crap guys! I didn't pay much more than that for this in 9/22! I mostly search the western states and found this one about 3 hours from home. A new baby precipitated the sale. I'm not a builder so I stick to the complete, decent drivers. They're out there if you're in the right place at the right time.

20220907_10311425.jpeg

20220907_144529.jpg

20220907_144444.jpg

So if that project is $12k, what is this worth? 318 poly, torquflite, not for sale.

That was a "good buy" right there.

5K in seat covers, at today's prices.

Auto Transport Service
Back