• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI headers on 71 sat

STROKED71

Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
i have a 440 with auto trans, stock floor shift. I did all the fabricating they recommended, but the lever thats welded to the shaft that comes the floor still hits the flang and wont let it go into park. has anyone run into this problem, and how did you fix it? I'm thinking about taking rod out and cutting the weld off and moving the lever up an inch and welding it there. any ideas?

i have a 440 with auto trans, stock floor shift. I did all the fabricating they recommended, but the lever thats welded to the shaft that comes the floor still hits the flang and wont let it go into park. has anyone run into this problem, and how did you fix it? I'm thinking about taking rod out and cutting the weld off and moving the lever up an inch and welding it there. any ideas?

If you are talking about the shift linkage I am pretty sure the TTi instructions say that you will need to modify the linkage to clear (go around) the header.

it's the arm with the hole in it thats welded to the rod that comes thru the floor, and the pin from the block slides into it and is held on with a pin, that arm hits the collector flang, none of the linkage hits, just the arm hits

IMG_20121213_173621_930.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20130401_212843_473.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20130401_212806_574.jpg

I'll figure it out myself

- - - Updated - - -

I'll figure it out myself. Thanks anyway

Auto Transport Service
Back