• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI headers with TTI Exhaust System

Black_Sheep

Super Commando
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Is the combination a true bolt in or is there still some fabrication involved? I need to replace the complete exhaust system on my GTX and the local guy that I know and trust isn’t set up to do 3”.

Bolts right in. Mandrel bends too. Most local stuff chokes it down on the bends. I’d never do custom stuff again if exhaust like tti exists..

Can't speak about headers. Put a 3" TTI exhaust with H-pipe on my 65 Dodge fit fine. Didn't use TTI headers but needed extend cross over pipe.The H-pipe is 2 piece slip fit cross over.
1965 Dodge 011.JPG

I’ve installed 2 3” TTI systems. The kit for my big block Cuda bolted in. I installed in my garage with the car on jack stands. Fitment was good.
The kit for my hemi Belvedere required some adjustment. I thought the exhaust pipes were too long and had to cut about 6” off each pipe to get where I liked it. But the cuts were simple. Otherwise, fitment was good. Again, I installed with the car on jack stands.
I didn’t like the narrow band clamps that come with the kits. I ordered wider clamps for the slip joints from Summit.

I've done 4 complete sets now. Only thing you have to do is cut off the ends of the tailpipes if running stainless tips. Nice stuff, and you pay for it. But it is worth it imo.

Last edited:
I've done 4 complete sets now. Only thing you have to do is cut off the ends of the tailpipes if running stainless tips. Nice stuff, and you pay for it. But it us worth it imo.

From motor to tips is $2300 and change, almost half of the total is the headers…

I put a complete TTI 2.5" with x pipe ( headers to tips) on my 71 RR. Fit perfect. I didn't use the clamps that came with the kit. I bought step lap joint clamps from summit.

I'd check with TTI if you have a blow shield . Quick time might work???

I put a complete TTI 2.5" with x pipe ( headers to tips) on my 71 RR. Fit perfect. I didn't use the clamps that came with the kit. I bought step lap joint clamps from summit.
Forgot about the clamps. I buy those step band clamps as well.

I have a set I ordered years ago for my 65 Coronet project, headers & exhaust. A friend put identical into his 65, fit perfectly...

I pulled the pin and ordered the exhaust last night. TTI 1 7/8” polished ceramic headers, 3” x-pipe exhaust kit, 3” Delta 50’s and PG Classics 3” tips. I’m not going to tear into it until it snows but I want all of the parts in hand before then. I’ll have to resurrect my project thread when the time comes…

I have TTI's on my Scamp. Everything fit as it should, which is quite an accomplishment since A-Body engine bays are 10lbs of $hit crammed in a 5lb bucket . I had to install them from the bottom. I fabbed everything from the collectors back.

They're pricey. But what's your time worth?

TTI.jpg
20220724_150258.jpg
20220811_203039.jpg

I've been installing TTI's for 20 years now.
2 things you need to do. Read the instructions with the kit.The other is make sure that your engine mounts and tranny mount are new or in good shape.Many times fitment issues are from saggy mounts.

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

I pulled the pin and ordered the exhaust last night. TTI 1 7/8” polished ceramic headers, 3” x-pipe exhaust kit, 3” Delta 50’s and PG Classics 3” tips. I’m not going to tear into it until it snows but I want all of the parts in hand before then. I’ll have to resurrect my project thread when the time comes…
You wont regret your purchase. I put the complete header/3" system on my 70 hemi charger and it was a pleasure to install. I just received another complete exhaust manifold back set for my 68 Sport Satellite today. Not exactly a budget system but they know what they are doing, well worth it

On my 70 RR installed complete TTi exhaust and header system, everything fit fine...

Just my $0.02...
1696271219458.png

I’ve installed 2 3” TTI systems. The kit for my big block Cuda bolted in. I installed in my garage with the car on jack stands. Fitment was good.
The kit for my hemi Belvedere required some adjustment. I thought the exhaust pipes were too long and had to cut about 6” off each pipe to get where I liked it. But the cuts were simple. Otherwise, fitment was good. Again, I installed with the car on jack stands.
I didn’t like the narrow band clamps that come with the kits. I ordered wider clamps for the slip joints from Summit.

No welding?

No welding.
All the joints are slip joints. I used the wider Walker lap joint band clamps from Summit rather than the ones supplied with the kits.
A step up would be to use weld-in v-band clamps.

Last edited:
image (3).jpg

Headers are 4-6 weeks out, but I didn't plan to down the GTX until the snow flies anyway...
IMG_4327.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back