• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Lane Black Top scene

Chryco69

Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
Like most of you, I am stuck in the house because of this weather. While watching Two Lane Black Top, I noticed this 1969 Dodge Coronet in this scene. And a green Super Bee and red Charger from a distance in another scene.

2lbt.jpg
2lbt2.jpg

What a time to live......

Yeah the scene where they're at the drags is cool as hell. I agree it would have been cool to be young and running around in a cool Mopar back then.

great era for sure, not my favorite car movie, but I like the racing aspect, horrid acting, but I watch it every time it come on...LOL... I was a little young still but lived vicariously thru my step dad Bob, I went with him from Aug. 1966 to every race I could up & down the west coast... I got my license/turned 16 in July 1975, but started drag racing in April 1974.. there was a cool scene with a Hemi 'cuda & Daytona in the opening scenes... I love that era, I often say I was born 1o years too late...

Attachments

• 70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop.jpg
    70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 338
love seeing cars in movies ,never cared for JT

Yeah the scene where they're at the drags is cool as hell. I agree it would have been cool to be young and running around in a cool Mopar back then.

Yes it was, and Ethyl gas was pink! And when you pumped it, the fumes were unforgettable. I was a simple witness, one of several guys with slower cars chasing the race just to make sure the story after was true! Certain cars had a reputation, and they were also followed around. Most racing had no witnesses, as they were light to light. So everybody won, and the other guy always lost! It was a great time. On the reality side, the next weekend almost always brought another racer to his end. By 1970 The junk yards were full of totalled muscle cars, and funerals for young people was the routine, not Including those returning from Vietnam. In the 70's I junked many a charger and dart that was mangled, where clearly the driver didn't survive.
In 1967 there was a dark Blue GTX in Florence with a driver that wouldn't quit. He was fast. I came back from the military in 1974, and went to his house to see if he still had the car. A guy met me at the door in a wheel chair. He told me he just got a new GTX, and would race it once he got better. The GTX was in the garage looking new. The mother cried, saying he wrecked it in 1970 and nearly died. They fixed the car and kept it in the garage looking new. The guy still believed it was 1967, and he just got the car. he died a couple years later. That happened a lot. Sorry to reminisce,,,,

I had plenty of fun in my Mopars in the early 80's when I was just starting to drive but respected the RB's power and the potential to get away from a showboating or unsafe driver.

That story is really sad 66 and I'm sure there are many more like it and I know a few myself. I'm glad to have had a responsible upbringing to make me fear some things, respect others on the road, as in driving safely, and respect the muscle cars brute power and never get over confident.

Ah yes, memory like a steel trap, which is why I'm a history major. Good friend, nice orange 69' roadrunner, he was a chicken and didn't race much. Stopped at a bank, robbers hijacked him, threw him in the trunk. They ran, and were about to drive the car into the Missouri river when the cops caught them and stopped the car from rolling off the dock. He to this day won't look at or ride in a 69' roadrunner! LoL

GEEEZZ don't ruin my thread with such sad stories lol! Rolling coffin or not, I still love it.

two lane black top

GEEEZZ don't ruin my thread with such sad stories lol! Rolling coffin or not, I still love it.
Sorry! a funnier one, I always drove my friends 62 Bonneville 389 when he wanted to race, as Pat sucked at driving. Racing a 56' chevy 283 punched out to 292. Cops chased us, I went right, and popped every hubcap off that Pontiac. Chevy went left, hit a curb and broke a spindle. Cops caught him. In the middle of the night I was crawling around this guys yard looking for those hubcaps, As Pat wanted them back. 17 years old and I thought I was going to the big house! That Pontiac run good! Now 60, and I am amazed I lived through that stuff.

his music never did anything for me ,sorry

You guys can listen to your James Taylor in your Chebbies that you support so much you Mopar traitors! lol

Chryco69 here's a few from the movie

Attachments

• 55 210 Sedan from 2 lane black top #1b engine shot Dennis Wilson.jpg
    55 210 Sedan from 2 lane black top #1b engine shot Dennis Wilson.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 55 210 Sedan from 2 lane black top #8 cast.jpg
    55 210 Sedan from 2 lane black top #8 cast.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 316
  • 70 Charger from two lane black top movie scene.jpg
    70 Charger from two lane black top movie scene.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 324
  • 70 Cuda Hemi Two-Lane Blacktop 1971.jpg
    70 Cuda Hemi Two-Lane Blacktop 1971.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 55 210 Sedan from 2 lane black top #9.jpg
    55 210 Sedan from 2 lane black top #9.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #1.jpg
    70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #6 with cars from American Grafitti.jpg
    70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #6 with cars from American Grafitti.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #5 Warren Oats.jpg
    70 GTO Judge from Two Lane Blacktop #5 Warren Oats.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 71 Two Lane Black top Movie scene.jpg
    71 Two Lane Black top Movie scene.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 71 two-lane-blacktop 1955-chevy 1970-pontiac-gto.jpg
    71 two-lane-blacktop 1955-chevy 1970-pontiac-gto.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 65 Corvette Drag Car from Two Lane Black Top Scene.jpg
    65 Corvette Drag Car from Two Lane Black Top Scene.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 330
BEST LINES FROM THIS MOVIE HANDS DOWN FOR US MOPAR GUYS!

"That Plymouth had a Hemi with a Torque flight""There's a Roadrunner with a hemi unit. A 70 Cuda.They got some muscle here tonight."

- - - Updated - - -

And lets not forget about the charger that ran them off the road hahaha

It was, and what I wouldn't give to have those days back ....

great era for sure, not my favorite car movie, but I like the racing aspect, horrid acting, but I watch it every time it come on...LOL... I was a little young still but lived vicariously thru my step dad Bob, I went with him from Aug. 1966 to every race I could up & down the west coast... I got my license/turned 16 in July 1975, but started drag racing in April 1974.. there was a cool scene with a Hemi 'cuda & Daytona in the opening scenes... I love that era, I often say I was born 1o years too late...

I know the first line of the movie is " that plymouth last night had a hemi with a torqueflite" but if you look close its an aar cuda.
The Daytona belonged to big willie Robinson. The founder of the brotherhood of streetracers. May he R.I.P.

- - - Updated - - -

BEST LINES FROM THIS MOVIE HANDS DOWN FOR US MOPAR GUYS!

"That Plymouth had a Hemi with a Torque flight""There's a Roadrunner with a hemi unit. A 70 Cuda.They got some muscle here tonight."

- - - Updated - - -

And lets not forget about the charger that ran them off the road hahaha

Best line ever
"Normally i'd jump at the opportunity, but I'm just not in that habit of seeing my chevy work against a 2 bit piece of junk"
" lets make it fifty"
" make it 3 yard m@$#er Fu(&er and we'll have an automobile race"

Auto Transport Service
Back