• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

uca bushing

ddpsnake

Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Since the rebuild they have been making noise,so i tighten them as much as i can with a wrench,very little noise from the left side,right side quit now.So how does the alignment shop torque the adjusting bolts with the tire in the way.not much room in there.

Good question,... I've wondered the same thing. I watched him do it though. He was able to reach up there and get to them, but he did mine from under the rack.

There is access over the top of the upper a-arm in a pocket. The end of the bolt can be turned with a 3/4" socket on a ratchet or with a box wrench. I did it a few weeks ago from a creeper reaching around the tire. It seems daunting but if you reach up and feel around in there you will find the bolt head pretty easily.

When on the alignment rack, the tech will often raise the car up to open up some clearance between the tire and the body. In cars like mine where the tire and wheel was chosen to fill up almost all of the space, this is the most easy way.
Also, if the bolts are tight but you're still hearing noise, it could be that the bushings are moving within the A-arms. Sometimes they are not an interference fit as required. Sometimes a crack forms and allows movement. In this case, a replacement A arm is needed or...you could put a few small tack welds from the bushing shell to the A arm.

When on the alignment rack, the tech will often raise the car up to open up some clearance between the tire and the body. In cars like mine where the tire and wheel was chosen to fill up almost all of the space, this is the most easy way.
Also, if the bolts are tight but you're still hearing noise, it could be that the bushings are moving within the A-arms. Sometimes they are not an interference fit as required. Sometimes a crack forms and allows movement. In this case, a replacement A arm is needed or...you could put a few small tack welds from the bushing shell to the A arm.
well theirs food for thought,ya think the teak will find out WATS going on.

Auto Transport Service
Back