• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Utah’s Northern Lights May 10th. 2024

Mopar Hunter

Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0852.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg

Nice...I caught a bit of the southern lights here just south of Auckland in New Zealand. We had a massive bonfire tonight, and as we were leaving, my son said the Aurora was up. I didn't believe him until I put my phone camera on it....wow. I have never known it to be visible this far north.

20240511_204645.jpg

Here in Western australia

View attachment 1661322

Nice...I caught a bit of the southern lights here just south of Auckland in New Zealand. We had a massive bonfire tonight, and as we were leaving, my son said the Aurora was up. I didn't believe him until I put my phone camera on it....wow. I have never known it to be visible this far north.

View attachment 1661347

That's awesome! Thanks for the pics guys
:thumbsup:

There was a light show almost everywhere last night. I've seen the Northern lights before, but somehow this was different...

Spectacular show here in WA

I slept through the whole thing so I really didn't miss it much. In fact, I have seen and flown through it way more times than most have especially when flying over the North Pole and from Alaska to the Orient and back. Now that is something everyone should experience if they can!!! Just awesome!!! cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

I saw the a lot when I lived in Alaska in the mid 80's
never seen them this far down here, it was overcast on the 10th
no moon on the 11th or 12th IIRC couldn't see any
& cloudy last night too...
Oh well

need to be more east & north to see them this time I assume
I saw on the news it was a curved pattern across the US from N. Oregon
down thru Utah to N. Nebraska & then going back up as it went east

from huge sun solar flares, bombarding our planet
played havoc with, satellite, cell signals & some SkyLink internets services
allegedly too

Auto Transport Service