• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Veterans Day Quiz

I was a Red Eye gunner, trained at Ft. Bliss Texas, served in Bamberg, Germany 1970 to 1972.
Thankfully never got to shoot a real one, only the trainers.

TYD - Temporary assignment to another unit
CONUS - Continental USA, as in "Onus for the CONUS".

TDY

Silver Bullet

John Wayne Bar

Drive On Rag

Here's a few from my unit and branch (USAF) - some I feel the need to explain
"Boomer" - Aerial refueling operator

I did that for 31 years on the 10 & 135, best dam job in the A.F.!
Sky Bird Sky Bird

What Goes TDY, Stays TDY...The pledge after crew resting in the P.I. for a few days because you got a broke Bird...cr8crshr/Bill:lol::lol::lol::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Lu bang Lock On... Final approach fix to Clark AB before landing that let all the girls downtown know that there were arrivals coming to partake...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Lu bang Lock On... Final approach fix to Clark AB before landing that let all the girls downtown know that there were arrivals coming to partake...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Lol, I remember some old pics of my dad & uncle of sojourns during WWII & Korean War(uncle in USAF Korea). The Air Force always had it good, while on the ground !

A drunken weekend I'm sure!! AFTER boot camp!
The Eagle came after, when I tried to enlist again in the Army. The Doc at the physical said he wouldn't let me in unless I covered it with something else to obscure it. He wasn't amused. He was even less amused when I showed up back from lunch with the Eagle covering it. No sense of humor. He let me pass though...lol. Over the decades since the Eagle has faded some and you can easily see the FTA and the words too..lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back