• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Volt meter conversion for 66 Plymouth???

gtx6970

Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Anyone ever done one using a modern volt Meter in place of the stock amp gauge

If so. Care to share details please

Pretty sure I read a post on here a few yrs ago of someone detailing that very thing. Search bar. I had mine done when I had my gauges refurbished.

Cheap little voltmeters with digital readout are available and even include a charging port for your phone. Good to mount inside the glove box.
Mike

When I was looking for USB charge ports to put in the car, replace the cig unit since I don't smoke, there were several that included digital volt readouts on the face.

Will be doing this shortly. I already have the voltmeter I am going to use and I have a spare ammeter/oil psi light gauge on the way
stay tuned

I have one of these in each car. It displays volts until you plug in your phone then it displays the amp draw going into your phone. I bought them on E bay.

cigarette lighter usb adapter.jpg2.jpg

My goal here is 2 fold.
Bypass the ammeter and update to a volt meter in same process. Yet keep it stock appearing

I have a spare cluster I may play with to see if its possible and yet keep it all stock appearance

My goal here is 2 fold.
Bypass the ammeter and update to a volt meter in same process. Yet keep it stock appearing

I have a spare cluster I may play with to see if its possible and yet keep it all stock appearance
I have seen a thread or two on A bodies. You have to find a volt gauge the same size and sweep that the original gauge is, disassemble it and put it in place of the original gauge. I will see if I can find the thread.

Anyone ever done one using a modern volt Meter in place of the stock amp gauge

If so. Care to share details please
Post #20 get's into it.

I have done a couple of them. As Toolman said its a matter of finding the right size gauge and sweep that you need. It can take some fitting to get it sitting just right but it's usually worth it.
The last one I did recently.

I used a Bosch 8215 I got at a local auto parts store worked great

Heres the gauge after being removed from the can- easy to attach your own face plate to it

509793DC-2F16-4CD2-B9A3-DEC43876926C.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back