• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wallace Racing Calculators

bobtile

Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone else play with these calculators based on known facts about your car? Every time I use one of their calculators, It gives me numbers pretty damn close to actual numbers for my car. Here is just one example.

Power to Weight Ratio: 7.38
60 Foot E.T. : 1.58
1/8 Mile E.T. : 7.16
1/8 Mile Trap Speed : 94.99
1/4 Mile E.T. : 11.34
1/4 Mile Trap Speed : 118
1/4 Mile Trap RPM : 5,716

These are Wallace numbers and below is my last time slip. What do you think?

Don't pay any mind to George.

That's pretty interesting. What rpms are you passing through the traps at?

I hope you're joking, because Bobtile NEVER listens to me. Just read about his premier Firecore distributor.

I use those calculators for "test and tune". Since the calculators are assuming 'ideal' conditions, I just use them to see if I am on track or if I need work somewhere. For instance, I want my 65 Belvedere to run 12.00 to 12.50 in the quarter. At 3500 lbs race weight, I'll need 350 to 400 HP to do that, according to the calculations. I am pretty certain I can manage that with a 400 inch B engine. If my ETs are off and I am sure of my engine, I'll know I have some ET to find in my suspension. I think these calculators are great tools, especially when you have limited track time.

Don't pay any mind to George.

That's pretty interesting. What rpms are you passing through the traps at?

Depending on where I shift, between 5800 and 6000

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you're joking, because Bobtile NEVER listens to me. Just read about his premier Firecore distributor.

I don't think we need to drag my distributor through the mud do we?

- - - Updated - - -

George?

Your calculation supports my hunch that you are not leaving much on the table, your suspension & engine set up are pretty darn close to perfect for that combo.

It's strange because with a stock rear suspension and the car twisting as much as it does, I thought I was leaving plenty on the table.

they are real world #'s usually, not dream or inflated #'s...

Auto Transport Service
Back