• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Crawled under the 67 with a heat gun and a putty knife & started scraping...Have the toeboard back to the rear seat pan joint pretty clean...what a pia with the cage bars! Slow going but it's progress....
Does anyone have a recommendation on undercoating? Thinking of buying the Raptor bed liner...

CLEANED THE MAGNUMS ON MY X WITH SOME HELP FROM MY LITTLE FRIEND.

photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG

Pushed it back home with the help of the neighbors.

The most ironic part: I ran out of gas. They were in a Chevy Volt.

ivby3c.jpg

-Kurt

Seen how new rims mite look

Ugk, I'm not usually a fan of big rims, but your combo and ride height looks phenomenal. It's as if the rim is a circular interpretation of the bodyside creases.

Now that's what I call a proper-looking custom...

-Kurt

I tinkered with my timing today. Since putting the 383 in it has had this funk about hard acceleration. All it takes is a quick wick of the throttle and it instantly goes from cruising like a champ to missing as if a plug wire came off. Shut it off and let it cool, it runs like a champ again. I think this AVS is asking me for some tuning that I am gonna have to learn about. But I needed to find the sweet spot on my timing first and foremost. Smelling way too rich.

Found the front brake line to hose clips and installed them.
Fitted the blower fan and hose, now to find those nuts (hope I didn't paint them).
Blasted and painted more brackets.
Carefully spot blasted what I could of the power steering pump.
That was bitch with all the odd angles I has to work around and trying to keep high pressure sand off the seals. I had to settle for "better than it was".
Started to blast battery tray, can't find brace.
I swear I put things in orderly piles grouped according to where and when they came off, some even labeled. WTF are they not like that now?
IMG_20160828_112551.jpg

Took my running boards off my truck then my front bumper and grill. Truck going to paint shop Wednesday I can't wait til it's done

image.jpeg

Finished the rear brakes. All kinds of fussing, as the spring kits I ordered were wrong for the shoes I bought. So I cleaned up the old ones and used them. She's on all four wheels now for the first time in two weeks. She does look great with the new wheels and tires. Gotta find a suitable hubcap now. Pulled the old proportioning valve off, and drew up a list of what I need from the parts store. Day off tomorrow helping her. Maybe Thursday before I get back out there.

Disassembled both parking lite/ turn signal housings to clean them up. All of the screws were frozen so I had to get out the cutoff wheel and slice the backs off of each screw hole and tap the remains out. The lenses came out nice after some WD-40 and steel wool action. I sanded the housings down to get rid of the pitted areas and then painted. I wiped off the chrome areas while still wet. Came out ok. Next I need some gloss black to detail paint them.

WP_20160831_16_07_10_Pro.jpg WP_20160831_16_07_30_Pro.jpg WP_20160831_16_07_44_Pro.jpg

Went to the St Clair Shores, Harper Cruise. Perfect weather, and lots of excellent rides. A bunch of nice mopars in the mix.

Opened up my new needle scaler in anticipation of the 3 days of cleaning the underside this weekend!

I had painted the car this spring and filled in all of the trim holes as well as got rid of the "DODGE" on the back. I redrilled holes for a new word on the back. Got it block sanded last night. Should be painted again soon!

20160831_210019.jpg

What's the good word, friend?

Finally got a working speedometer by switching the entire speedometer out. What a colossal PITA on a '71 Charger. Now, I'm trying to figure out why I have no instrument cluster lights. I think it's a bad switch. Now that pisses me off as I just had the cluster out and there's no way I'm going through that again so soon. I'm thinking of just wiring a jumper with a separate switch/fuse into the cluster lights.

Just put all the accessories and Borgeson steering-box on the 6.4 conversion project, and will start assembling the rear axle later today.
20f2onc.jpg

14ms0tk.jpg

2d9uxrd.jpg

Parked the 1966 Belvedere II convertible at the body and repair shop for a few months.
Bought a used 2013 Dodge Charger.
20160902_074730-1.jpg
It's a used Michigan State Police car, I checked out the spare tire and there was an unused 40 cal bullet laying in the well.
It's a pretty fun car, and I fit just great.

I started my 68 Friday first time in forever then yesterday I started it up and drove it up and down the road I live on for awhile. Cleaned all the dust off and put her back in garage til next time.

Crawled under the 67 with a heat gun and a putty knife & started scraping...Have the toeboard back to the rear seat pan joint pretty clean...what a pia with the cage bars! Slow going but it's progress....
Does anyone have a recommendation on undercoating? Thinking of buying the Raptor bed liner...
Protect yourself. My welder ended up in the emergency room after prepping for the USCartool subframe connectors. It was hot weather and he got a rash that was scary we think from the undercoating.

Auto Transport Service
Back