• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

The wife said I needed to finish the only unfinished room in the basement... just because it isn't finished.:rolleyes:

Drywall and paint is done, tile is next.
IMG_20210108_193627868.jpg

Rebuilt the carb and changed the oil in the snow blower so the next time it snows the machine actually works .... unlike two weeks ago. Drained the tank last year but evidently sediment clogged the bowl nut anyway. Damn ethanol! :cursin:

Got my camper ready to go to Quartsite Az for some desert dry camping.

You can build damn near anything, and do it all well!

I'm impressed!
I try but the reason this is taking so long is because I thought I was also a concrete guy when we built the house... I am not! It was 100+ out that day, it came out nice and smooth but when I started putting a 6 ft level on it in preparation of the tile I knew I was in trouble! It was so bad I cut a 4'×12' section out and repoured it otherwise I would have been adding 3/4" everywhere else... That's not doing it well at all. You always have to find the positive in everything though, doing so allowed me to move some drain pipes around so I had a drain right by the furnace. 1,400lbs of concrete carried out then just as much carried back in.

It appeared as if the concrete being poured from 8' above blew out the vapor barrier, got under the pipe and floated it almost to the surface causing the high spot.
IMG_20201208_204432993.jpg

Went to town and bought some seeds for the garden. Last year they were scarce, I don’t see that changing this year. Soon as vegetable plants hit the nursery I’ll be buying them too.

Tuckered myself right out making a Birthday lunch for the Mrs and multiple trips to the kitchen to refill her Baileys glass! Might need a nap before I prepare her supper.....
leah57thbirthday 003.JPG
leah57thbirthday 005.JPG

Yeah, not bad this time of year. BUT..........have you been there in May, June, July, August, September??? Until you have, you don't really know Arizona. :lol:
Being just ESE of Houston during those months sucks for high temps and humidity.....

I got the old Stihl 044 running after loaning it out (never again!).
View attachment 1018836
I know all too well how that goes!! A car freak buddy of mine managed to mess up an electric saw while doing some minor trimming....so he says. Geez.

Worked on some one else's car
Story of my life! A guy brought over his 69 runner for a simple tune up and carb tweak and now we're about to pull the engine!!

Helping a friend with some railroad ties.View attachment 1033567 And fill tree stump holes with rocks.View attachment 1033568 The fire completely ate up the old ties & where a fir tree was is just a hole about 26-8" diameter & 6' (feet!) deep. There are holes all over the place, on a grade, that need caving in/filling before the rains come. IF it ever does.
Back hurts, will be worse tomorrow...
His house survived, thank you LORD!
But garage didn't. Saved the '55 but lost highscool '72 'vette and '41 Chevy.
View attachment 1033576 View attachment 1033577
Oh man....just can't imagine that happening.....

Gutted this rusty turd for it's 5.9 and overdrive... Fun stuff lol.View attachment 1034004
Been looking for a decent regular cab RT Dakota for a good while now. Looked at a black one a couple of years ago that ran well but needed a paint job, front end rebuild and a few other things but he thought it was worth way more than I thought it did. It wasn't rusty though.....maybe I should have bought it.

Drove 4 hours each way to help friends pick up some new toys. 1965 Coronet 440 and a 1968 Charger.

The Coronet is a runner with a 318 Poly and auto. The Charger is a 383/auto car that is still wearing its original paint. The under side is super solid with rot being minimal in the passenger quarter and door. There's some pretty bad rot around the back window. It's a factory red on red car with a black top.
20210113_134501.jpg
20210113_134517.jpg

Spent an hour and a half walking the neighborhood, searching for my next door neighbors dog. When she is bored and alone lately, she escapes into my yard. Came home from breakfast and parts run, she was waiting and whining behind my gate. I thought i would grab her and return to next door, only she bolted before i could grab her. I thought i saw where she went, but when i got there, no sign. My neigbbors weren't home. I wandered the neighborhood, asking anyone i saw if they had seen her. Construction crew said yes, they saw her, she went thataway>>>. Talked to several people, nobody seen her.
Then, i hailed a lady and her mother, and asked had the seen her. Sure, they said, we know exactly where she is! (How they knew where she was, considering she was a mile away, in the opposite direction, in an apartment fenced yard, i dont know. I was just happy to have someplace to check!) Sure enough, the apartment manager i was referred to had her safely put up in a vacant apt. patio.
So i left my number for my neighbor, and a note where the could find their dog. Another neighbor had texted them that she was out again, and sent the info on the note. They picked up their dog, Honey, (Rhodesian ridgeback), everybody's happy, and all's right with the world, at least for today.

A year later, but we finally ordered some lights to go with the ceiling fan bought last Winter. I'd already fabricated the ceiling fan mount but kept using the excuse I wanted the walls painted before it went up. Other than final paint and trim our porch spa is done. #1 Wife is happy.. the day before Valentines Day. Coincidence...
1f60d.png
It's only been 25+ years since we started building the house, so I'm right on schedule!!! Maybe I can work on the Dart tomorrow.... :D
porchcompletion 352.JPG
porchcompletion 360.JPG
porchcompletion 362.JPG
porchcompletion 369.JPG
porchcompletion 374.JPG
porchcompletion 379.JPG
porchcompletion 378.JPG
porchcompletion 383.JPG
porchcompletion 386.JPG

Cleaned up the shop and put my 50 years of Talladega flag back up after it coming down when installing my 4 post lift, all while staring at my cars. Concluded, again, that there's just no way I could use car covers again...
workshopfeb212021 013.JPG
workshopfeb212021 014.JPG
workshopfeb212021 017.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back