• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys hate about this 1970 Coronet R/T for sale?

I didn't even notice the rollbar. Hopefully the floor and back panel didnt get hacked up. The value is going down... We are so mean.

I think that is a vanity mirror...easy access to see how good you look driving that fine ride.

It doesn't look like there is a hole in the top of the door for the mirror. Makes it harder to install.

I didn't even notice the rollbar. Hopefully the floor and back panel didnt get hacked up. The value is going down... We are so mean.

Nothing up front just out back.
428804298_7227727907311302_8143726526985811198_n.jpg

429013345_7527011477322154_7832133051171650549_n.jpg

Is it me or is that color off a bit for a Mopar color. Someone know the paint code on the fender tag? Underneath looks lighter also. One underneath pic looks to be Beige. Floor under the carpet looks like lemon twist.

No kind of an expert, but shouldn't it have a rally(e?) dash? Would that have been an option, or standard on an R/T model?

No kind of an expert, but shouldn't it have a rally(e?) dash? Would that have been an option, or standard on an R/T model?
According to this, it was optional in the 70 Coronet R/T:

68-70 super bee and R/T dash options?

I like this color and find it amusing in a 70 Coronet R/T. If you can get away with just having to repaint the hood/side scoop/engine compartment (and repaint the engine while it's out), and if there is no rust, this could be a buy. But it needs a very close inspection.

I just don't like yellow cars.
But I do like a 70 coronet R/T, some don't.
You talking to me??? :lol: Most that don't care for the 70 point to the grill/front end treatment... And while I agree I too don't care for it the back of the car is where they dropped the ball a second time.... 68 & 69 the tail has a little kickup that looks cool... 70 in comparison looks droopy like it was stepped on...

Someone was doing this thing up to go to the strip, big time, but didn't know how to do it right. I try not to bash on do it yourselfers, everyone learned on somthing. If the guy did this in 1980 or something, well alright he learned on what would have been a cheap used second string nameplate car. If he did it in the late 90's....

I hate the entire paint job. even where it is fairly smooth and less obnoxious in the back, it is still obnoxious. Pretty sure that is a Ford Mustang yellow paint, or maybe, maybe, a 1990's Dodge Ram truck yellow or something. But it reminds me of fox body mustang yellow. Barf.
Wait, i just looked up the yellow paint used on a Viper. Black stripes and all. I think that is where that came from.
I dunno. looks like a 30 grand type car for the right buyer, maybe. The stuff it needs isn't hard to do per se. Just time consuming and possibly pricey, like the paint.
It sits in a weird spot. it is to expensive for people like me to rub their hands together and go do righteous burnouts as a daily after fixing the wires, but it is too hacked to be a pricey car. I doubt seller will see that kind of money. A bit to hyper about the drivetrain I think given the rest of the car.

we’ll it certainly has much going for it on the pluses side . on minus side there’s a few . the car can be brought up to clean w/o tons of repair .

Sorry, kids, but the grille on the '70 is by far, an ugly afterthought by the design team. It looks like Dodge bought up every single '58 Edsel grille in the world and stuck TWO on every '70 Coronet. Dodge designers were certainly inspired by it, if nothing else! Some of you think the '62 Dodge is ugly.

1710419615019.png

1710419391250.png

The '70 has that one beat in spades.
1710419458233.png

Last edited:
Nothing says GTF outta the way like a 70 Coronet grille. Personally I think they're pretty cool. Extra points for a Ramcharger hood though, this one needs the hood painted anyway. I agree that the 69 rear treatment is better but there's nothing that would stop me from owning a 70.

If I liked and were looking for a solid car to build/restore. It appears like a pretty simple deal. Too rich for my blood...and not a car I like.

Sounds like timing way retarded for likely 7.5:1 compression. Although it appears solid, expect to redo nearly everything this hack touched. And then there’s the stuff that was never touched. Maybe $32K, and once you get into it, you’ll be blowing past $45k so fast it will make your head spin.

Last edited:
Thank you @Builderguy! That car could be finished out nicely by somebody... for the right price. I like the gauges on the hood. Makes for less holes in the firewall! Maybe that is the difference of a facebook sale and a FBBO sale.
Hope he used #14 screws in the dash pad to hold the tach on. Don’t want that coming loose!

Auto Transport Service
Back