• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is the trim between the grill and the bumper called

pedal2themetal

Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
HI,
As the title says what is the trim piece between the grill and the bumper called for a 1975 Fury and are they available somewhere??

thanks take care be safe
tim

HI,
As the title says what is the trim piece between the grill and the bumper called for a 1975 Fury and are they available somewhere??

thanks take care be safe
tim
Might be called bumper filler strip. Someone with a parts book should be able to tell. Or even a FSM. Try Googling possibly.

It is bumper filler that's made from hard rubber but somewhat flexible. The corner pieces are easy to obtain online. The longer pieces are harder to find.

It is bumper filler that's made from hard rubber but somewhat flexible. The corner pieces are easy to obtain online. The longer pieces are harder to find.
There's a bumper filler on that car ? Why don't I recall one ? I know there's fender fillers...

HI,
You know I really don't remember seeing one (I've had the car over 10 years).. I just noticed there wasn't one after seeing the bumper end fillers.. Its not a big gap, so I might just be *** zooming about there being one? The car is in great shape for its age (only has 83 T miles on it when I got it there was only 76T) even the vinyl roof is in grate shape only a couple of small bubbles at back chrome wrap. But I did take a hit on the passenger side of the bumper and thought it got broken out then .. But maybe it was never there all the other rubber is in great shape and pliable.

On the 66 they called it the lower grill panel

IMG_2717.png

There's a bumper filler on that car ? Why don't I recall one ? I know there's fender fillers...
My neighbor had a 75 Fury and there was a filler that went just underneath the bumper, but not much since it was a narrow gap. It was almost like the 75 Charger with the filler.

My neighbor had a 75 Fury and there was a filler that went just underneath the bumper, but not much since it was a narrow gap. It was almost like the 75 Charger with the filler.
Was it the intermediate B-body Fury ? or the "Gran Fury" C-body ? I just checked my parts book, and it doesn't show any filler for either the Fury or the Charger you mentioned. But from memory, I don't recall a filler on either of those cars. Maybe someone who has one currently can provide some info ?

Was it the intermediate B-body Fury ? or the "Gran Fury" C-body ? I just checked my parts book, and it doesn't show any filler for either the Fury or the Charger you mentioned. But from memory, I don't recall a filler on either of those cars. Maybe someone who has one currently can provide some info ?
Now you have me questioning myself. When he retired they moved to Arizona. Now I need to call him or this will drive me nuts.

Well, don't know what I was :fool:. You are correct. There was no bumper filler on these, only the corner fillers.

Well, don't know what I was :fool:. You are correct. There was no bumper filler on these, only the corner fillers.
Well, I have to THANK YOU ! Most times, if not all, I'm going from memory from experiences back in ancient times ! So when something comes up like that I have to scratch my head, like wow I don't recall that I must be going bonkers. And yeah, sometimes when an insignificant thing comes up, it can drive you crazy 'cause you can't get it one way or the other !

Auto Transport Service
Back