• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this switch?

ChuckBurgess

Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
know this is a dumb question, but for the life of me I can't figure out what this rectangular opening is for? Should I just purchase a blank and cover it or did it actually have a purpose? Trying to update my 68 Super bee with all new gauges and a new bezel. Thanks

68 Bezel.jpg

FTRQ6046.JPG

Convertible top?

spot for rear defroster or conv top switch.

The make / made a plate to cover it if not used

I've heard that but....
I've never seen one on a '70 Charger and it seems like the '70 had more options than the '68 and '69 models.

Rear defogger/conv top switch on 70 B body is mounted to left of heater control. Not mounted in this 68 only location.
I've heard that but....
I've never seen one on a '70 Charger and it seems like the '70 had more options than the '68 and '69 models.

IMG_1519.jpg

Thank you everyone, I figured as much but just couldn't confirm it. A cover plate it is because I also see no wiring behind it that would indicate it ever had the switch.

That's not a rallye dash in post 7.

I looked up 68 rallye dash convertible cars and there is a switch there.

Pretty sure convertibles don't have rear defoggers.

Post 7 is a 1970 non rallye dash....the 70 rallye dash uses the exact same location and switch for rear defog or convertible top (see below) . 1969 B bodies also use this switch location. 1968 rallye dash included the rear defog or convertible top switch in instrument cluster. This was the only year for that location. If 68 car did not have either option a blank cover was included.

IMG_1622.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back