• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What song can bring a tear to your eye?

29 crew died on the Edmund Fitzgerald. So for years they rang a bell 29 times, once for each crew member. When Gordon Lightfoot died, they ceremoniously rang the bells again, 29 times for the crew and once for Lightfoot.

That's pretty cool but does not answer my question.

...unless they re-stenciled the shipwreck for Lightfoot.

Only one that will bring actual tears to my eyes, and that is TAPS. Yanks the heartstrings every time. I think it brings up memories of everyone lost through the years. Throw in a 21 gun salute and the tears shake loose. Behind the sunglasses of course.

TAPS on bagpipes gets me every time.

I didn't make it through with dry eyes. Seeing the emotion in his eyes along with the song got me.
I get it, I think of my father and all we did and knew about each other and it takes you to a place it's hard not the shed a tear over. Life is short!!

I can't listen to that one either.

I took a girl (2) to that show...that I thought really got me.

...after being rejected by the smartest girl (1) I've ever known a few months prior.

When #2 went back to her ex...I was crushed. Talk about double whammy.

I can't make it through three notes. Have to turn the station.

You'd think being married for almost 18 years to someone that does really get me would dull that pain.

I don't pine for either girl, but that song still dredges that awful period back up.

My old chocolate lab Titan used to ride with me almost everyday. Now I don't sing much, I am so bad I can not listen to myself. When this song would come on my playlist I would sing it to my dog. After 2 or 3 times of me singing to him, 2 notes of this song he would wake up and put his head on my arm. For 3 months or so I could not get through it. One day the wife and I were heading out to a hike when that song came on. I was going to skip but I told her the story. Now we both sing loud and proud thinking about Titan.

I get it, I think of my father and all we did and knew about each other and it takes you to a place it's hard not the shed a tear over. Life is short!!
My father, grandpa, and my best friend. I hope I am making them proud.

My father, grandpa, and my best friend. I hope I am making them proud.
I wouldn't worry to much about that. From what you have shown here, everyone is very proud and rightfully so! Don't change, it fits you well!

Little Duce Coupe, a father and daughter moment. I picked her up after basketball practice and
Little Duce Coupe came on the oldies station. She said "I really like this song but don't know what
it's about." I explained it to her and to this day she remembers that ride home and what the song's
about.

One song that I think kicks off emotions is one of the last songs Freddie Mercury did before he passed. Queens The Show Must Go On.

Goo Goo dolls Name
Sad song about foster kids growing up and kids waiting to be adopted.

Listen and read the words I cry every time I hear it !

And since he's been gone this one makes a mess of me...

Would have never suspected "Disturbed" to smash this song they way it was done. Well done sir, well done! Really makes one think about all the **** that is going on around the world right now.

This one is pretty good, I found it sad after she passed away.

Just reading this thread brings on the tears.......

Alone Again by Gilbert O’Sullivan
Before I got married the first time I had a couple of not so good breakups with girl friends.....and is probably what contributed to me getting married to that first one. Well, after #1 didn't work out and getting married to one of my first girl friends that I met many years before the 'others' and lasting over 30 years thinking she was the one that got away....after not so long of awhile, I should have let her stay where she was to start with. Even though I'm alone again, it's not all that bad :)

Auto Transport Service
Back