• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you pay?

slimt

Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a original set of 4 Magnums with caps and rings. From a 69 R/t Coronet. They still have the original tires that are no good. Any idea of what you would give if you were looking for a set?
Thanks

Got any pictures of them?

The trim rings are the item of interest if you ask me.
If they are real good I'd say $250 maybe $300 tops for the complete set.
But the wheels and centers not worth a whole lot.
No more 14" wheels for me (I keep reminding myself)
I sold a nice set of 14" road wheels with very good condition trim rings and centers along with a very nice pair of 215/70's and a pretty worn set of 245/60's for 250 last summer.

Got any pictures of them?
I do.
5A5DE54D-C26B-4259-A439-877A626482DC.jpeg

The wheel centers need to be stripped, masked and painted.
The chrome is usually good.
Rings look very good to excellent from what I can see.
Maybe someone is interested in the tires? who knows...
$250

The wheel centers need to be stripped, masked and painted.
The chrome is usually good.
Rings look very good to excellent from what I can see.
Maybe someone is interested in the tires? who knows...
$250
Im pretty sure the tires are toast. They might be good for a car that just sits though.

Save the tires. They could be used for a trailer queen resto.

The trim rings for a 69 are unique. They have a round hole vs an oval for the valve stem.

If you can get the whole set for $200, you are getting a deal. You could probably sell the tires for that.

Last edited:
One is missing the whitewall stripe or mounted inside out.

Hard to tell condition overall of the rings at least to me. Is there some rash on one? I sold my set of Magnums minus the centers with pretty decent rings a few years ago for $400. They included old poly wide ovals with maybe 6,000 on those; but they were old. I had spent time refurbishing the wheels when I bought them as they looked like ones in photo - I stripped them down, repainted, etc. After prep I carefully put vasoline on the chrome areas not to get painted and liked how that worked saving considerable masking time. I'd pay around what's been posted though no more 14" wheels for me either.

Old non steel belted tires are usually always good for burn out contests :D I say usually because I had a set of old bias ply tires that actually got sticky once they got hot and well, so much for the BO contest I was going to use them for.
And I feel the same on 14's. I've never restored a car to original and don't plan to so they wouldn't be worth more than what was mentioned but a purist might spring for them for a higher price. Question is, what are they worth to you?? Are they for you or are you planning on flipping them?

Old non steel belted tires are usually always good for burn out contests :D I say usually because I had a set of old bias ply tires that actually got sticky once they got hot and well, so much for the BO contest I was going to use them for.
And I feel the same on 14's. I've never restored a car to original and don't plan to so they wouldn't be worth more than what was mentioned but a purist might spring for them for a higher price. Question is, what are they worth to you?? Are they for you or are you planning on flipping them?
I would use the wheels. The tires are only good for a black strip or two on the street. :)

$400.00 last summer, BFG's about 400 miles, chrome in pretty good shape.
IMG_0414.JPG

Tires are like firewood. The longer they are seasoned, the better they burn!

heck slimt if you can get them for $150 /$200 you can get a cheap set of 215 70s for not much more than that.
You got a pretty cheap set.
Its what I did this summer , took off the black steel and repainted a set of 14 x 6 AMC road wheels stuck on some cheap new tires, just to change the look.
I like the plain steel better and will go back to them but just messing around for now.

Auto Transport Service
Back