• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Practicality Outweighs Profit

Bruzilla

Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
I really got tired of having to constantly reshuffle loads of parts in my garage, and my wife was tired of side-stepping my crap just to do the laundry, so I posted ads on here and on C Bodies only for someone to come here and take it all away. I know I'm never going to use this stuff, and it's more hassle to sell and ship it than the money I make is worth, so it needed to go. I had a C body guy from a couple hours South of us say he wanted it all and he drove up here in a big SUV and we filled that thing from front to back, left to right, and top to bottom. I told him if it's a part and it's not on the Roadrunner, I don't need it. So I gave away a couple thousand dollars in parts and now I have room in the garage and a happy wife.

The guy I gave all the parts to is working on restoring a Newport, but needs a new transmission and his objective is to keep the BB 727 core I gave him and rebuild it, and get the money to rebuild it by selling all the parts I gave him up at the next Carlisle event. I told him it would be tough to sell a lot of the Town & Country parts because they may be unobtanium but there aren't many buyers for them, and he said his MO is he loads up with parts, prices them at 1/2 what the other vendors sell at, and the other vendors buy all his stuff as quick as he unloads it. He makes less money, but he makes the money he needs, is finished selling before lunch, and gets to leave without having to spend the night and pay for a hotel.

Great things happen when you put getting what you need over getting the profit you want. :)

How does he drive to and from Carlisle and not rent a motel room at some point? Regardless of what he said you got rid of stuff you couldn't sell and gave it to another person into Mopars. Thats a good thing all by its self, you choose the better option and being all good deeds never go unrewarded at some point good luck will come your way.

I really got tired of having to constantly reshuffle loads of parts in my garage, and my wife was tired of side-stepping my crap just to do the laundry, so I posted ads on here and on C Bodies only for someone to come here and take it all away. I know I'm never going to use this stuff, and it's more hassle to sell and ship it than the money I make is worth, so it needed to go. I had a C body guy from a couple hours South of us say he wanted it all and he drove up here in a big SUV and we filled that thing from front to back, left to right, and top to bottom. I told him if it's a part and it's not on the Roadrunner, I don't need it. So I gave away a couple thousand dollars in parts and now I have room in the garage and a happy wife.

The guy I gave all the parts to is working on restoring a Newport, but needs a new transmission and his objective is to keep the BB 727 core I gave him and rebuild it, and get the money to rebuild it by selling all the parts I gave him up at the next Carlisle event. I told him it would be tough to sell a lot of the Town & Country parts because they may be unobtanium but there aren't many buyers for them, and he said his MO is he loads up with parts, prices them at 1/2 what the other vendors sell at, and the other vendors buy all his stuff as quick as he unloads it. He makes less money, but he makes the money he needs, is finished selling before lunch, and gets to leave without having to spend the night and pay for a hotel.

Great things happen when you put getting what you need over getting the profit you want. :)

You're a wise man. Decluttering and keeping the wife happy in one fell swoop.

I’d do the same thing. Clutter kills me, it shrinks the usable size of your house. I finished my basement, have no attic so storage is a lot a premium for me... so I largely just threw out anything that was in my way and I’m WAY happier, though the wife was a little pissed.

My wife tells me we would be considered hoarders if we did not have as much storage as we do
But running out so it is time to start getting rid of stuff

Auto Transport Service
Back