• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

While driving around, I decided to drive by the old house that my parents built. I lived there for almost 14 years. My grandparents lived to the left of us. We had one of the nicest homes in the neighborhood, and this areal shot was taken in 1970.

View attachment 1661093

If my dad was alive to see this, he’d cry.

View attachment 1661096

View attachment 1661097

View attachment 1661098

View attachment 1661099

View attachment 1661100

View attachment 1661101

I won’t say what kind of people ruined the house over the last couple of decades, but I think it’s easy to surmise. All of the trees were recently cut down and both houses are to be torn down and multi-family living will replace them both. The house to the right is also a mess and should be taken down also.
A shame what people can do to a house. People that bought my parents house are messy, drawers in kitchen were white. The area around the pull handles are black from dirty hands. The living room looks like it was a set from the Munsters, cobwebs hanging,

What shame, all the pride your dad had just wiped away

They sold it for about 25K in 1974 & it sold for 469K, as a tear down, last September. Notice the collapsed wall.

1715374115223.png

Heading to work this morning.View attachment 1661012
Any time you can look over a hood like that, it's a good day.
Took the Polara out yesterday for the first round of golf of the year. I picked up my nephew-out-law (he's been with my niece for 15 years and if he ever marries her he'll be my nephew-in-law) and drove up the Columbia River Gorge to Beacon Rock golf course. Temps near 80 and beautiful scenery. The red car in the lot is me. I put about 100 miles on her.
View attachment 1661046
View attachment 1661044
Then lunch on the river. Smile Jason!
View attachment 1661043
Man, that's some serious scenery, car and landscape!!!

Finally got my hands on a copy of one burnout I did in the Poker Run I attended in March. Taking some time to extract these from people.....I don't understand the problem....it was me who paid for all their entertainment. :rolleyes:

That orange Challenger in the background is owned by Clint Eastwood - seriously, that is his name. He featured in a series of TV adverts for mobile phones here - people with similar names to celebrities....and he's a Sparkie also.

:lol:

While driving around, I decided to drive by the old house that my parents built. I lived there for almost 14 years. My grandparents lived to the left of us. We had one of the nicest homes in the neighborhood, and this areal shot was taken in 1970.

View attachment 1661093

View attachment 1661096

View attachment 1661097

View attachment 1661098

View attachment 1661099

View attachment 1661100

View attachment 1661101

I won’t say what kind of people ruined the house over the last couple of decades, but I think it’s easy to surmise. All of the trees were recently cut down and both houses are to be torn down and multi-family living will replace them both. The house to the right is also a mess and should be taken down also.

I made the mistake of driving by the last place I owned. It was bad enough having to see what happened to the home farm after it was sold. What's with people now days?

Went to visit my parents, grandparents and an aunt today. That’s them on the right.

View attachment 1661069
Unfortunately, I do a lot of that, you're a good man!

View attachment 1661093

View attachment 1661096

View attachment 1661097

View attachment 1661098

View attachment 1661099

View attachment 1661100

View attachment 1661101

Looks like our first house we had built new. There's no explaining why people do what they do. Trash in, trash out. Sad!

Theresa's cousin had an old house in an area that's upscale, with big lots. He said he was going to make more money on his house for not going over and above. He sold it for major money and they bulldozed it and built a mansion. I've never worked that way. It's backward thinking to me, but he was right.

I made the mistake of driving by the last place I owned. It was bad enough having to see what happened to the home farm after it was sold. What's with people now days?
I've owned 8 homes and none of them look as good as when I left them. There Are lot of people that should rent, so things get done. Nice clothes and a big smile mean little. Theresa and I have a friend that's a cop. I tell HER, he's a pig by day and a pig by night. To some it's just a place to sleep............period.

I know it cold and nasty in most parts of the country, but many that live in warmer parts are blessed to be able to get out for a joy ride. It's been nice here in Missouri a few days here and there. What is the definition of a nice day, dry, clean and free of salt dust. I know I'm retired, but I get out every chance I get during the day warm or cold if only to run to the store. This was Sunday Shopping on old main street in St Charles Mo.View attachment 692732
Parked in the garage

You better be spending it on good stuff, I work hard so you don’t have to :rofl:
I know times have changed and money can be harder to make and keep. People would laugh at me for working all the time, many where my friends. It's called discipline. Work now when you're young or work harder when you're old. Many that laughed at me then, are still working. I was 52 when I rolled up for the last time, who's laughing now. I always spend my money on good stuff!! Be safe today and thanks!! :thumbsup: :lowdown:

I know times have changed and money can be harder to make and keep. People would laugh at me for working all the time, many where my friends. It's called discipline. Work now when you're young or work harder when you're old. Many that laughed at me then, are still working. I was 52 when I rolled up for the last time, who's laughing now. I always spend my money on good stuff!! Be safe today and thanks!! :thumbsup: :lowdown:
I like to think my hard working dollars are going to great people like you, but they’re probably being used to fund terrorism in Ukraine or bailing out some illegal that committed a horrendous crime, hopefully they’re going to you :thumbsup:

SS is not all milk and honey. I paid taxes on my SS income last year and ultimately paid 5 times as much in taxes as I collected from SS, and I feel just like you @Cheapsunglasses . I have always felt good about, and proud to pay my taxes. Until now.

I do have an unusual set of circumstances that caused this.

I like to think my hard working dollars are going to great people like you, but they’re probably being used to fund terrorism in Ukraine or bailing out some illegal that committed a horrendous crime, hopefully they’re going to you :thumbsup:
It's not always fair and that's the first thing you have to remember. They try hard to convince you of that while they're doing you, dry. Bring you own lubrication. LOL!!! ....

I've owned 8 homes and none of them look as good as when I left them. There Are lot of people that should rent, so things get done. Nice clothes and a big smile mean little. Theresa and I have a friend that's a cop. I tell HER, he's a pig by day and a pig by night. To some it's just a place to sleep............period.
I get to watch m7 parents house daily. Last week they torn down a 8' X16' shed my father built in 1953. They never took care of it, didn't rake the leaves around it or fixed windows or roof it. Will save them $500 a year in taxes. Will say gives us a slightly better view.

Next months SS check on it's way, thanks!!! LOL......

I'm waiting another year & a half to start collecting SS, which is my full retirement age. Submit is 3 years younger than me & I think we'll have her start collecting when I do. Her her check will be much smaller & it really won't make much of a financial difference to us when she starts collecting.

SS is not all milk and honey. I paid taxes on my SS income last year and ultimately paid 5 times as much in taxes as I collected from SS, and I feel just like you @Cheapsunglasses . I have always felt good about, and proud to pay my taxes. Until now.

I do have an unusual set of circumstances that caused this.
It's not fair anymore and bad things happen to good people, you're proof of that. Look at this joke!!

I'm waiting another year & a half to start collecting SS, which is my full retirement age. Submit is 3 years younger than me & I think we'll have her start collecting when I do. Her her check will be much smaller & it really won't make much of a financial difference to us when she starts collecting.
I took mine as soon as I could and Theresa is almost three years older than me. It was never about the money, it was the government telling me it's better for me to wait. If they say blue, I automatically go red. They want you to die paying in, not taking out. They have a lot of mouths to feed.

Auto Transport Service
Back