• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which LED bulb for 69 Charger inner tail lights?

69Chargerdriver

Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
I have been searching high and low for a LED tail light bulb that matches the factory brightness of the original 1095 bulb. I took a chance and bought LED 1156s, way too bright. I understand a #67 or #89 bulb will work, but when I search suppliers, the 1156 is also listed. I am concerned I will end up with another pair of LED bulbs that are too bright. Anyone have any experience successfully finding a good replacement LED bulb for the inner tail lights on a 69 Charger?

Thanks!

Mike

I bought two of these, thinking the 1156 would work: Amazon product ASIN B08YDTJW5J
All I see is this.

IMG_6695.jpeg

When I called super bright lights, I had the same concern as you, the 1157 being too bright. They recommended this one.

IMG_6696.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m using 67’s or 89’s and regular 1157’s, and they all match. I did buy a pair of 1095’s to install.

Best bet if your set on LED’s is contact super bright and ask them what would match, so they look the same. Not sure if @Mopar Hunter , idea matched.

When I called super bright lights, I had the same concern as you, the 1157 being too bright. They recommended this one.

View attachment 1581686
Thanks for the heads up. I looked at the specs for that bulb, looks like it is equivalent to a 15-20 watt incandescent bulb. May still be too bright. I will call and ask them more about it. I appreciate the info.

Well I finally found a bulb that works for me: The Aero-lite 89 bulb, part number AL-89-WW. Got them on Amazon. These are not too bright and I can live with them. Here is a pic. Thanks everyone for the help to figure this out.

IMG_8973.JPG

Here’s another great sight for led bulbs. They may have something that isn’t the typical bright led that you’re trying to get away from.

Don’t let the name scare you. They have a huge selection.

LED Lighting For Everything | Super Bright LEDs

You could also dab black paint on several of the led’s to keep it from emitting the light. Kind of a “gumped” way to fix the issue but would work. I’ve actually done that with other led bulbs, not on the car though. I like the brightness. The charger isn’t original so, not a big deal for me.

Well I finally found a bulb that works for me: The Aero-lite 89 bulb, part number AL-89-WW. Got them on Amazon. These are not too bright and I can live with them. Here is a pic. Thanks everyone for the help to figure this out.

View attachment 1585390

I don’t see them on Amazon.
Can you share the Amazon link?

Auto Transport Service
Back