• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Black & White Photography?

New Yorks poo problem has apparently been a long issue :lol:

this was taken in the 1890s, the horses that were used to carry the people were estimated to drop 15-30lbs of poo a day, with an estimated 150k horses in the city, that’s a lot of crap!

4C00BC59-C3E7-4F73-B46A-DCD2EE541ECF.jpeg

this was taken in the 1890s, the horses that were used to carry the people were estimated to drop 15-30lbs of poo a day, with an estimated 150k horses in the city, that’s a lot of crap!

View attachment 1637183
That's why in the early 20th century, when cars started to become popular, they were hailed as the solution to pollution in the city.

View attachment 1637183
We have a pretty strong Amish community around Aylmer, Ontario, but the streets never get that bad looking! LOL.

What a way different time

View attachment 1637181

I have a black & white photo of Craig standing beside the Spirit on the Bonneville Salt Flats. He autographed it for me at a car show in St. Louis way back when. That picture is tucked away somewhere here in the house, but I don't know where! I may go hunting for it!

Gee, that was not my intention at all. In another life, I had some '30' s cars, and came to be able to identify a lot of early models, and try to share this knowledge with others, realising that not all members are as interested in these early cars. I enjoy your posts, and I hope I did not offend you with the correction.

Last edited:
Gee, that was not my intention at all. In another life, I had some '30' s cars, and came to be able to identify a lot of early models, and try to share this knowledge with others, realising that not all members are not as interested in these early cars. I enjoy your posts, and I hope I did not offend you with the correction.

No offence taken Dave. I should have verified that photo caption before posting it. It's sad that there's already so much misinformation about our cars on the web. I truly respect your knowledge and appreciate your sharing it here. You are part of the solution, not part of the problem!

New 1954 Plymouths at the Lynch Road Assembly Plant in Detroit, Michigan . . .

1954 Plymouths at the Lynch Road Assembly Plant in Detroit, Michigan.jpg

Richard Petty's race team in action as he sits on pit road in a 1963 Plymouth Savoy . . .

Richard Petty Race Team In Action.jpg

Hurst Girls June Cochran, Linda Vaughn & Nikki Phillips in the Winners Circle with the Sox & Martin team at the 1970 US. Nationals . . .

Hurst Girls June Cochran, Linda Vaughn & Nikki Phillips with the Sox & Martin team at the 1970...jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back