• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wildfires in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge TN.

PlagueOfBadgers

Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
Just cancelled are winter vacation to Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains Tennessee area. Very sad to see this happening in and around that area, beautiful area to visit winter or summer. My wife's family is from the North Carolina side of the mountains, my son has friends on the Tennessee side so we stay in the middle of everyone and drive around visiting while taking in the beauty of the mountains.
Everyone stay safe and our prayers are with you!
3AD77BED00000578-3980932-image-a-74_1480395540539.jpg

TN-Gatlinburg-1.jpg

Gatlinburg-Pigeon-Forge-evacuated-as-wildfires-burn-in-Tennessee.jpg

tn-fire-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes! Pray for rain.

Speaking of fires, whatever happened to that huge wildfire in Canada?

Yikes! Pray for rain.

Speaking of fires, whatever happened to that huge wildfire in Canada?
TN. Fires. There are rain storms going through that area now, hopefully helps with some of the fires.
Canadian fires, Watched but typical news broadcasts, once the wow factor is over they stop covering the story. From what I read, lots and lots of property damage. Anyone on this forum from up that way have any news on what was the total damage? How are familys recovering?

Last edited:
AssociatedPress.jpg

Tennessee
Officials say several Gatlinburg buildings on fire
Associated Press • Yesterday at 11:58 PM

GATLINBURG — Tennessee Emergency officials late Monday said wildfire had set 30 structures ablaze in Gatlinburg, including a 16-story hotel, and was at the edge of the Dollywood theme park.

I live about 80 miles east of there. We are receiving some much needed rain hope it came through Gatlinburg as well.

My daughter called me last night and said it was bad. she shot some video of the fires and there are several structures damaged. will know more once daylight arrives.

My daughter called me last night and said it was bad. she shot some video of the fires and there are several structures damaged. will know more once daylight arrives.
Was your daughter in one of the evacuation areas? Everything ok with her for now?

yep.. it is bad.. i live 30 minutes from Gatlinburg and just spoke to individuals there. it did rain for about 5- 6 hours last night... 2" or so but not enough.. will be raining again tomorrow/Wed. Still do not know the extent of damage in the area.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with my uncle, who is just below Murphy NC and he said his news just stated that they have the fire under control.

He told me that they haven't had hardly any rain all year. That's a lot of dry kindling!

Hope everyone is OK, I spent a week in the Townsend/Wears Valley area scoping out retirement properties last year. Such a beautiful place. Keep you n yours safe!!

Been thru a few big fires in the past few years
barely skirting my area...
Lower Lake fire was really bad close to one of my sisters,
Rim/Yosemite Fire was really bad over 500,000 acres IIRC
Smoke was really bad for a while, for months...
Especially those that have asthma, like my dad...

I hope they get it under control...
Fires in the winter/fall are kind of rare, mostly a summer phenomenon
{it would seem, they're rare here in cold weather}

Stay safe,
I wish all the best for those near & in the effected areas...

Fires raging in Georgia too...

Reports of evidence of arson.
Gas cans near the Chimney Tops fire.
Local imported mulslims upset that local schools resisted the implemantation of islamic disturbances into normal USA school life.

Yea thanks she is fine hopefully she will still have a place to live
Hope everything works out for the best. If something is needed, let's hope not, but if. Feel free to PM me, my family will be more than willing to pull something together. Best of luck to you and your family.

Just got great news! She got to go back home so the threat is at least gone for now but the fire is still going. We're supposed to get about 2 more inches of rain tomorrow.
Hope everything works out for the best. If something is needed, let's hope not, but if. Feel free to PM me, my family will be more than willing to pull something together. Best of luck to you and your family.

I really appreciate that!

That ain't the kind of Christmas light to see.
The radio said today that wind gust were 80 something MPH last night.
Impossible to fight.

#'s 12 and 14 (replies) are probably Very Close to the truth here....
I hear there was one arrest somewhere in TN for starting fires. Don't know what ones he's accused of starting there are so many right now. I also heard there has been some loss of live do to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge fire, very sad.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back