• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper transmission install

rumblefish360

Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
Boy - O - boy is this thing fun... NOT!
Any tips on getting the transmission onto the wiper motor?
Hood is off. Engine is in. Wish it wasn't for that extra comfort room.

If my memory serves me right i put the wiper arms back on to help get the linkage to poke out of the wiper motor hole and attached it that way .

Attaching the wiper arms doesn't help the transmission to wiper motor attachment. I can however place and tighten down where the arms attach. There held to the underside of the cowl via 3 bolts.

Update:

I removed the hood. This helped vision. As well as extra room for the head and hands to work on it. I'm going to try and get channel locks inside the cowl area in an attempt to squeeze the two parts together.

I removed the hood. This helped vision. As well as extra room for the head and hands to work on it. I'm going to try and get channel locks inside the cowl area in an attempt to squeeze the two parts together.

Yea thats what it takes at least thats what I do. Deafintly not enough rooms for hands and tools. LOL good luck!

I took the air cleaner off, then the loop and bolt that holds the air cleaner. Put some rags in the air cleaner and then put a nice 4X8 sheet of plywood across the engine compartment. Using blankets on the fenders to keep from scratching stuff. That way I could lay in there and get my head up far enough to see what was going on in there.

Fortunately, I just had to attach stuff to the transmission; I did not have it out. But maybe my suggestion would help with vision; it certainly did for me!

Ok so what is the answer ? I have all of the linkage and arms out of the car. How do you snap the the plastic doohickey int the opening on the metal arm ? I am trying to use C clamps and channel locks but I am afraid of breaking it.

Ok, I took out my micrometer and measured the old and the new repop. I saw that I had to take the Dremel to the new repop and decrease the diameter of the of the top. After that I was able to finally coax the cam assembly onto the arm. Once installed it performed as expected. I remember working on these stupid things on taxicabs in the mid seventies. We always had several new kits on hand.

Auto Transport Service
Back