• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With Stinger Fiberglass now seemingly gone, what company makes the best glass hoods?

AAR scoop on my '63, slightly modded, but fit, and looks good, from Carlisle years ago. Wish they still Vended there...

0731232018.jpg

From AAR or from Larry? Had asked when you got the lousy crap from him earlier in the thread. The AAR stuff I had years ago was great.
Slither lips Larry. Everything that I’ve ever gotten from AAR is top notch.

Last edited:
Sliver lips Larry. Everything that I’ve ever gotten from AAR is top notch.
But how long ago was it that you got the crap from Larry? I'd like to know since I'm contemplating on buying some stuff pretty soon and if it was recently, I won't do it....

But how long ago was it that you got the crap from Larry? I'd like to know since I'm contemplating on buying some stuff pretty soon and if it was recently, I won't do
That would have been all of 5 years ago now. I don’t doubt that he has built some decent stuff over the years although I’ve never seen it. But one thing is for sure. A tiger never changes his stripes.

That would have been all of 5 years ago now. I don’t doubt that he has built some decent stuff over the years although I’ve never seen it. But one thing is for sure. A tiger never changes his stripes.
I'm sure if he starts making crap again, we'll hear about it real quick. Hope I'm not one of them lol. The hood I mentioned that I got from Unlimited Products was/is crap but it's usable and actually stayed on the car at over 100mph after I reinforced the leading edge. It also fit into the 'rat rod' look before rat rod became popular. Yeah, my car was half primer, bare metal and lots of other things but it went 7 rounds one night for the win. It pissed off several that night LOL

I got this hood and scoop from AAR/Stinger. It required NOTHING. All I did was prep it and mount the scoop. AAR told me that they are looking for another company to build their product / not taking orders at this time. Hoping they partner up with another company soon and continue with this quality. Personally I’d shoot them an email for an update.

View attachment 1516058View attachment 1516059
That's a nice looking hood. I will try AAR again. Thanks.

I’m fortunate enough, I think, to have one of the steel 65 hemi scoops made by the guy in Peru. I didn’t buy the scoop; it came with the car when I bought the unfinished project.

IMG_1729.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back