• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiw 1974 toyota land cruiser

ike61

Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Howdy all. My neighbor has this 74 land cruiser that he wants to sell. Thinking of buying it and want to offer him a fair price. Thought maybe somebody could give me some feedback. Here is what i know. From missouri owned since 1988. Used just for plowing. Motor runs great, needs a slave cylinder, tires are shot, has rust on the back doors, hatch, and floor lip on the back. Floors are solid. A few rust spots below passenger and drivers doors in the same spot. Dont know much about these so any feedback is appreciated thanks

9DB05FA8-EF37-4E6A-ACCE-827527E7BC98.jpeg C1767EC0-3183-4E37-9C5C-238A0D74823E.jpeg 6E732595-4EDC-4939-9942-A4D1EB3F1089.jpeg 73740AD3-B332-44FC-BC9F-8597FAF4001A.jpeg

Does he have a number In Mind ?

Look on the internet for comparable models. . To me. That looks beat.

The market for FJ-40's is strong.... That ones got some issues but probably still an 8K + truck...

Does he have a number In Mind ?
No. I was going to list it for him, but i told him i might be interested so he said come up with a price. He said he would rather sell it to me. He is an older guy with no internet.

r/t is right people will pay stupid money for those. check underneath , frame brake lines and all running gear etc. offer him what you think its worth to you . tell him what you find as far as repairs to make it drive safe. other wise some hippster will pay way more than its worth no questions asked. Also they are not making any more 74 land crusers....just like our mopars

Those old FJ's are great trucks. Easy to work on, will run forever if you change to oil and are in the same family as the Willys Jeeps, IMO.
Offer him $5,000, get it running and safe and drive it til the wheels fall off. You could always do some metal repair and make a few grand reselling it.

That’s awesome. And hard to come by. Work out a number and grab it. They are only going to go up!

They command big $$$s when done correctly

that one
looks like it's a lil sweaty/rusty
they rusted everywhere, sort of known for it
if you see a little
you're seeing maybe 1/20th of the actual rust

they make a bunch of replacement parts too

good rigs if sorted out

I just did a quick search on Bing using
'1974 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale'
no specific options etc.
Classic Cars.com came up