• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would this Cam work in a stock 360

Thats a good deal but way to big if your 360s totally stock.

okay well whats way too big? what would need to be done i have a aluminum intake and thermoquad im holding off to put on right now, what would i need to do to make it work?

wait he just called and said he has a 488/488 cam available with lifters...would that be better ?

im only aiming for mild performance/Street

Lets see....I'm no pro but I would guess.....
Probably at least 10.5 to one compression
Intake
Carb
Headers
Head work - at least springs, retainers, locks
3000 stal converter
Gears
and probably several things I haven't thought of.

okay well whats way too big? what would need to be done i have a aluminum intake and thermoquad im holding off to put on right now, what would i need to do to make it work?

wait he just called and said he has a 488/488 cam available with lifters...would that be better ?

You would still need better springs, retainers and locks and an intake and better exhaust, taller gear and if running an automatic you would need a better converter.

That cam would need a total rebuilding with a min. of 10.5-1 comp ratio and well ported heads, a single plane intake (Race) super comp headers from Hooker @ 1-3/4 min. a major leap in a stall converter 3500+, at a min. of 4.10 gears. Your TQ would need a major reworking

If you have a 360, tell me what year and in what car with what gear ratio.

The duration is more important than lift at this point. Lift no larger than .500

By "aluminum intake" & "thermo-quad", am I to assume you only have a 2-bbl ? If so, you need to look at a lot of other things before either of those cams. And is it a single or dual plane intake ?

By "aluminum intake" & "thermo-quad", am I to assume you only have a 2-bbl ? If so, you need to look at a lot of other things before either of those cams. And is it a single or dual plane intake ?

That would incorrect. Heres why.

While I have never heard or seen a aluminum 2bbl intake, I'd bet it's a Edelbrock Performer since it is the most popular or a Weiand Action plus or a MoPar M1 single plane witch is a spreadbore design. Unless it is an really old Offenhauser, these are the only 3 aluminum intakes around.

A TQ is a 4bbl carb and adapters to mount a 4bbl to a 2bbl. carb are hard to find. Though not imposible. But why? Maybe a racing track rule? IDK.

Auto Transport Service
Back