• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1971 Steering Wheel center section

1971 roadrunner standard steering wheel is the plain Jane one
on1971 gtx standard steering wheel is the one say plymouth in center

if you are not sure,the only way to truly know what came originally on your car
is if you have a broadcast sheet to read the steering wheel code off of
there were many different wheels that came on them..
Sorry, no broadcast sheet. Never was lucky enough to find one

The steering wheel the guy posted in the first picture , is the one you want for your car, you just pop the center out and put in the plymouth center piece, same as mine, all 71 gtx say plymouth in the steering wheels, options

View attachment 556846
Not looking for a GTX wheel, i am working on a RR

Sorry, no broadcast sheet. Never was lucky enough to find one

which door panels do you have?
the lower level panels usually got the low level wheel
which is the one in the upper left corner in the steer wheel pic
that is just my observation over the years and a guess

you are just working in a 383 car?
if so put on what you like and don't worry about it
its not like it can be proven to be wrong.

Any one of the wheels pictured were available on a roadrunner except the one you have. Read the captions that are with the pics. I have upper left, upper right and lower center, All in excellent condition if needed.$150 -$150- $300 with plastic pad. $350 with leather 71 only

I am thoroughly confused now. I have upper left steering wheel in your brochure picture, on my shelf. I have the lower left pictured steering wheel on my car, and I just bought the upper middle pictured steering wheel. If I have a 71 RR, which wheel is the actual one? I was under the impression the middle upper center pictured steering wheel with the Plymouth wording in the middle of it was the correct wheel.......
If u have the decor package on the rr it’s the top right but if not u have the top left standard or optional wheel on the bottom tuff grip wheel. If you have these door panel you should have deluxe wheel.
https://www.classicindustries.com/s...h/all-models/parts/?q=1971 Deluxe Door Panels

Last edited:
RoadRunner Décor Group (A87)
not available with GTXCustom-style Vinyl Trim (must code H2, M5, or M6 trim)
Rear Bumper Tape Treatment
Hood Scoop Sport Stripes
Deluxe Steering Wheel
Wheel Lip Mouldings

I bought a 1971 Steering wheel for my RR, problem is the steering wheel says Dodge. Couldn't find a steering wheel with word Plymouth on it as in the attached picture. I found a few online, but the rear retention clips were broken off.

Does anyone have one they are willing to sell? If you are, send me a PM.

View attachment 550969
I have one let me find it

I bought a 1971 Steering wheel for my RR, problem is the steering wheel says Dodge. Couldn't find a steering wheel with word Plymouth on it as in the attached picture. I found a few online, but the rear retention clips were broken off.

Does anyone have one they are willing to sell? If you are, send me a PM.

View attachment 550969
Your inbox is full...I have one let me check on the condition, should be good

Auto Transport Service
Back