• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTT- 1970 restored GTO Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyman51

Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi All

Please don't flame me but I have a #1 restored GTO Judge 4 spd, with the original drivetrain and documentation that I would like to trade for a 66 Hemi Belvedere or a 67 Hemi GTX. The car is located in SE Pennsylvania. If interested PM with what you have.

Attachments

• GTO1.jpg
    GTO1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 725
  • GTO3.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 504
  • GTO5.jpg
    GTO5.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 511
  • GTO6.jpg
    GTO6.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 524
  • GTO7.jpg
    GTO7.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 495
Ram air 3

Yes it is a RAIII and the HP at 366 is vastly underated. It is a very rare car indeed. GM made 40,000+ GTO's in 1970, about 3600 were Judges. This car is 1 of 425 because it has a RAIII motor, 4spd and FACTORY A/C, among numerous other options, including PS,PDB, and Hood Tach. The car has two original build sheets and PHS docs. I also have hand written documentation that it is 1 of 425 from Fred Simmonds, Pontiac Historian and retired GM VP. The motor was rebuilt, balanced and blueprinted by noted Pontiac engine builder Paul Spotts. It has its ORIGINAL 7040273 RA Quadrajet carb, that when missinf is priceless. Because of the A/C, which is not charged purposely, it has a wide box M20 Muncie 4spd with a 3.23 posi rear. It is a pleasure to drive and will go down the highway at 70 mph all day at 15-16 mpg!

yup skyman,
I'm a big Pontiac fan.
I've got tons of rare pontiac stuff.
Got a 1970 WS engine along w/many other neat stuff.
Just wanted to mention it's a Ram Air III.
Big difference in price and rarity between a RA III and a RA IV
Not that a RA III is by no means "LESS" of a Judge or GTO.

Bigredbird is right-on:
That is a 69 Hurst/Olds 455 "HO".
The "Brilliant" GM Execs decided Jan 12th 1963 to "BAN" corporate sponsored/sanctioned racing. Hence, no intermediate GM car could have anything larger than a "400CI" motor. (more to it than that but in a nut-shell)
That is why the 65 GTO could not have a 421 HO engine from the factory, or a Chevelle could not get a 427 in 1966 from the factory. But DONT STEP on the toes of the "Hallowed Plastic Car" That could get a all aluminum engine ZL1 engine, L88s etc. (of course, not counting the COPOs).
Anyway, in 1968 Oldsmobile thumbed their nose at Corporate and built the 68 455CI HO cars (sliver & black) and 1969 again with the white & gold. Oldsmobile said "screw-you" to Corporate GM and the cars today are revered and very well respected and appreciated. Wild Graphice etc with performance to "back it up".
Meanwhile, Chrysler and Ford were stuffing elephant style 426 Hemis into Darts/Barracudas, 1968, A990s in 1965, BOSS 429s (mustangs/cougars) etc SOHCs in Fairlanes etc. GM lifted the ban in 1970 cars (LS6)

I'm very surprised that a 1970 Judge would have a 10 bolt rear end.

I'm very surprised that a 1970 Judge would have a 10 bolt rear end.

Standard.

There are many NOS parts in the restoration. The spiral shocks, the Judge stripes, window rubber and fuzzies. It blew me away when I spoke to the quadrajet experts. If you can find an original 7040273 carb that is not a restamp and has the correct date, expect to pay $5000.00 for it.

Standard.

There are many NOS parts in the restoration. The spiral shocks, the Judge stripes, window rubber and fuzzies. It blew me away when I spoke to the quadrajet experts. If you can find an original 7040273 carb that is not a restamp and has the correct date, expect to pay $5000.00 for it.

I read that the 12 bolt was only in 455 GTO'S, strange to me since my orig owner 1970 Firebird Formula 400 came with the 12 bolt

Beautiful car. Have the perfect license plates for it....
ALLRISE! You know for a Judge lol...

It can be yours. Just find me the Hemi Belvedere or GTX, 66-67 in the same condition for trade. Actually by all the price standards, books and even Hagerty the Judge has gone up in value in this condition. I am not even thinking money just the Mopar I want in like condition for a trade. In most cases that I have researched recently, realistic prices value the Judge with these options higher than the Mopars.

yup skyman,
I'm a big Pontiac fan.
I've got tons of rare pontiac stuff.
Got a 1970 WS engine along w/many other neat stuff.
Just wanted to mention it's a Ram Air III.
Big difference in price and rarity between a RA III and a RA IV
Not that a RA III is by no means "LESS" of a Judge or GTO.

I agree that a RA IV is much rarer, but show me an original engine. Everyone I see for sale says it is a SR (Service Reolacement) the Pontiac guys say that does not matter. To each his own. I would rather have an all original RAIII than a cobbled together RAIV, even if that is what it began life as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back