• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys know I'm into '73 Grand Ams.

I had a '72. 455 HO powered convertible. It had one dent in the trunk lid, and no rust. It was a $1,000 car.
1712019016492.png

I spent about $70 on a gallon of white paint. That was over forty years ago.
1712019085489.png

Remembering the days of how the big-3 changed their body styles and killed their horses after ’71-72 was rather difficult to suck up as a young guy.
Ditto, except I liked the styling of '73 & '74 Chargers.

Otherwise, dark days for sure. Smog motors and hideous bumpers. :(

Not sure where these numbers came from initially but they came up at the top of the search results.
Looks like Plymouth had competitive numbers in 73-

YearMake & ModelEstimated Production Number*
1973Plymouth Road Runner19,056
1973Plymouth Satellite199,148

Last edited:
Ditto, except I liked the styling of '73 & '74 Chargers.

Otherwise, dark days for sure. Smog motors and hideous bumpers. :(
No disagreement; there were some models that retained a cool style. We have our top 5 or 10 rides we pick out as our favorites. For Plymouth B, my fav is the ’70; but I liked the change in ’71. Was a huge E-body fan, had a ’70 Cuda BB, 4sp vert and in late ’73 early ’74 had saved some cash for a little down-pay to buy a new ride. Mopar was #1, though looked at a few Firebirds and Camaros. The Challenger, Cuda bodies retained their style, though didn’t like them as much as the ’70-‘71’s, but close enough for me. Bought a ’73 Challenger demo 340/auto/slap-stick in Mar ‘74. The price was good as I could find. Lol, the keeper would have been my Cuda; but back then became expensive daily transport. Damn, finding gas was a bitch where we lived and where I worked, still living at home.

Once a week my dad would take the 'Cuda to work as he drove by several stations where he worked to fill it up for me. He liked to drive some of the rides I had anyway for a switch from his Lincoln or Caddy, being an old car guy. He had a few cherry cars in his day including a '57 Bird as his daily at one time. He would occasionally borrow my GTO and later the Vette I had for a change up. Oh ok, guess I'm driving the Lincoln MIII to work today. Lol, a great boss I had, co-owner of the machine shop I worked at, did the same thing! He had a new Chrysler New Yorker company ride and he'd ask me to let him use my Challenger. Miss those guys and the days.

Auto Transport Service
Back