• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1964 Dodge Polara 500 383 4 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayboy

Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
383, 4 Speed, 3.23 Sure Grip, PS, PB, all matching numbers, engine does turn.

$6,500 obo

Needs restoration. Originally purchased in Pueblo Colorado and spent its entire life there in the high dry desert until eventually left in a field – this explains the incredible condition of the body – absolutely no rust through, you will not have to replace any body, floor, or trunk panels; it only has surface rust. I pulled this car from Colorado and brought it here on 7 Sep.

This is a high option premium level car. 1964 was Dodge’s 50th Anniversary and this car’s color scheme reflects that – lower color is Ivory (not white) and the roof is Anniversary Gold.

Does have previous damage on the left front and rear; although I have never opened the passenger door, previous owner stated it had a broken hinge (note the gap in photo). I do have a left tail light housing/lens to replace the damage. Interior will definitely need to be replaced, although back seat is surprisingly good condition and does not need to be replaced.

Reference the pictures; it is missing the generator/alternator, air cleaner cover, coil, oil dip-stick (currently plugged with cloth), over-flow bottle, and window cleaner fluid bag. I have the radiator fan, spacer, and pulley. All glass is original, no cracks; I do have a replacement vent window (OEM glass).

This car does not appear to have ever been messed with and all usual equipment a kid would mess with appears original – intake manifold, exhaust manifold, etc. The complete exhaust system appears to be original

383 4 Barrel
A833 4 Speed Hurst shifter
3.23 Sure-Grip rear
AM radio
Dual speed wipers
Dual windshield washers
Heater

Why am I selling? When I got the car I tore my bicep, have since had surgery and will not be able to do anything with it for about a year – I literally paid an arm for the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,482
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,450
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2,641
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,478
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,973
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,947
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,961
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,956
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,978
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,960
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,943
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,962
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,973
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,970
Last edited:
Is this car still for sale?
I am inclined to keep it at this point, the more time I spend with it, the more I see how well preserved it is. The only way I would part with it at this point is if someone handed me $8000. Thanks for your inquiry though.

Nice car but I believe the Anniversary color scheme is gold bottom white top.
But with Chrysler nothing was ever written in stone.

Odd place for the antenna! I've never seen one mounted there in the 45 years of playing with the early B-bodies!

6500. O.B .O - 8K now ... Not kool !!! Make up ur mind !?...

I might-a could have been interested at 6500 obo, but im out now.

you're right, she does look pretty decent. wonder what the field did to the underneath though...

Nice car. Don't let that bicep stop you, I rebuilt the rear brake assemblies on my 62 two weeks after acl surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back