• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Raodrunner Hood Insulation

pag5

Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
1971 Roadrunner Hood insulation.... Molded or non-molded? Very early build if it matters? Steel clips or plastic? thanks for your input....

Paul

Molded, plastic clips, it had a vent hole also Dante's has the most accurate and best price for one I purchased one for my 73 Charger it is excellent.

i just went through this on my 1972 Satellite Sebring Plus. Purchased the molded insulator from Dantes which is fine. And I purchased the metal clips (for 1971 models) because, like many of us, I don't like plastic. Well, I tried over and over again, but the '71 metal clips would not enter the pre-punched holes in my '72 hood. Had to go and order the plastic clips (2 packages) and found those snapped in the holes just fine. So it seems '71 use/need the metal clips and '72 use/need the plastic clips.

Will the '72 plastic clips work in the '71 hood? That I don't know. They might be too small to insure a tight fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back