• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Satellite Fuse Diagram

PappyJoe

Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Having a little issue with my lights. I'm checking the fuse block and getting no power to the lamps fuse, either side. In the process I went ahead and pulled the fuse and it broke. It says it's a 5amp. My question would be is that the correct size? Does anyone have a diagram of the fuse block with the correct sizes? I know replacing it won't fix my problem but I'd like to confirm the correct size to put back in. Thanks

check bulk head connections

The 5 amp “lamps” fuse is for the dash illumination lights only, will only be powered up when the headlamp switch is on and is subject to dimmer voltage. What “lights” are you having trouble with?

The 5 amp “lamps” fuse is for the dash illumination lights only, will only be powered up when the headlamp switch is on and is subject to dimmer voltage. What “lights” are you having trouble with?
Headlights, tail lights, markers aren't working. I'm not using any of the dash lights, have after market gauges. All of the other fuses had power.

If, battery voltage is present on both switch power terminals (B1 & B2), check the switch out terminals for battery voltage, for park and marker lights-first pull out on the switch, you should have voltage at R, (black, 18 ga). For headlamps, should have battery voltage at H, (16 ga light green), second pullout on the switch.

B1 is unswitched battery voltage sourced from a welded splice in the dash harness, it is not fused.

B2 is unswitched, is fused on the “Cigar” labeled fuse at the bottom of the fuse box.

Embarrassed to post this but I found the problem with my lights. It seems they work much better if the connector is actually connected to the switch.

I had to loosen up the instrument bezel a few weeks ago. Guess I haven't had a reason to look at the lights since then. Must have moved it around enough to loosen that plug.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for the information guys.

Auto Transport Service
Back