• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 inch drop spindles

Belvedere-II

Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score
I did a search, and there are too many articles that come up so if this is redundant, sorry.

Magnum Force and Performance Online both have 2 inch drop spindles, they look about the same, similar price, has anyone successfully installed them on a 62-65 B body? I have the 15x7 cop wheels on the car, and would like to install the drop spindles instead of torquing the torsion bars so far to get the drop.

Oh, even though their pic shows the caliper brackets, they're not included.

thanks

dropspindles.jpg

You actually loosen the torsion bars to get it to drop. I dont see why they wouldn't work just fine.

You actually loosen the torsion bars to get it to drop. I dont see why they wouldn't work just fine.
haha... was looking for the right term, realized after I posted it that I was bass ackwards. I guess "loosen the adjusters" would have been better.

thanks. wondering if anyone has had any issues with tie rod end clearance issues, I guess they move the ball joint mount up a little? I called, they're not exactly sure.

Just got mine to do with a disc brake conversion the only thing stated was to use a 15" rim. I guess I'll find out any problems when I install it.

cool! please keep me posted, when do you plan to do the install, and what wheels are you using?

thanks!

the relationship of the joints are unchanged..axle stub is mounted higher up on the spindle thus the dropping effect of the suspension...if you were to compare to stock you will see the stub closer to the lower joint....

Yeah, I tried comparing pictures of a stock (disc) spindle and the dropped spindle, and the differences are more than just the raised axle stub. It appears the caliper is clocked a little for clearance. Currently, my outer tie rod end is pretty close to the rim/tire, so I'm not sure there will be clearance with a 2 inch drop. I'm going to check it a little closer this weekend to see.

I plan on using the 15" magnum 500's from year one working on size and backspace for the rear.

Auto Transport Service
Back