• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd Owner 68 Sattellite project

M1AM14SPUR

Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
I am scraping together parts for my 68 Satellite that is a 225 ss and I have some questions..
I have a 73 440 w/ a 727 and a K member from a V8 K member from a 70 Charger.
When it comes to the suspension, brakes, radiator, rear end, transmission mounts, etc... would it be best to find a big block donor car?
Also, what cars would be a compatible donor car? I know 68 - 70 B bodies are pretty much the same, but what other years are the parts interchangeable? Thanks for any help provided, This was my first car and I have had it 25 years now and it is time to get started converting it.
I am not making a RR or GTX clone. I am trying to make sure what part cars would work for me if someone would remind me the models and years of the B bodies... Thanks in advance!

View attachment 200956View attachment 200957View attachment 200958 111.jpg

Any 68/69 B,body part will work. 70 dose have some diferen't things like the swayBar mounting point's.
But othere than that most parts work. I would do a Disc front upgrade eather Factory parts or after market. There is plenty of post's on here for that info and if need be I have it also. You may want to find another rear also if your's has the small one in it ? And you can also get the motor harnes new or used to fit the 440. Thos exhaust manifolds will need to go as thay won't work. Good luck and keep us posted on it.

Pretty solid looking satellite. Good luck with your build. There is also a lot of 66-67 stuff that is compatible with the 68-70 B-Body stuff as well. Never the less, I would still be looking for a 68-70 donor. '71 and after really took a different direction.

66-70 B-Bodies
Charger
Coronet
Belvedere
Satellite
'68 on- Roadrunner
'68 on- SuperBee
'69 Daytona
'70 Superbird

Auto Transport Service
Back