• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Hemi find thanks to Hurricane Matthew!

Yeah we got hit pretty good here on Ormond Beach from Matthew. So how much $ for the Hemi? I could put that in my 69 Roadrunner.

Are those pictures after the car was totaled?
It's going to an insurance company?
That's sad and sick. I could save that car with a garden hose and pressure washer.
Seriously, I've got more rust on my T7 car.
But considering someone put parts in a trash pile, I shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Wonder if the person who threw the parts in the trash was on goverment entitlements? They have a tendency to be wasteful, after all why not, everything is free when somebody else pays.

Wonder if the person who threw the parts in the trash was on goverment entitlements? They have a tendency to be wasteful, after all why not, everything is free when somebody else pays.

He was actually a very nice older gentleman that literally cried when he told me the story of the Roadrunner. He was just tired of all the hurricane cleanup and wanted everything Mopar gone.

That's sad. I might have cried too.
Good thing you didn't let the parts go to waste

Are those pictures after the car was totaled?
It's going to an insurance company?
That's sad and sick. I could save that car with a garden hose and pressure washer.
Seriously, I've got more rust on my T7 car.
But considering someone put parts in a trash pile, I shouldn't be surprised.
Those are pictures of the car after it as flooded with salt water. It looks good in the pictures, but the salt water really got to the engine compartment and interior...still worth saving!!

Never had an insurance company refuse a buyback. If that car were mine, someone would be stealing it from my driveway and the insurance company wouldn't get squat!

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone knows anyone with a 70 B-Body Hemi car with the vin including 211901, 217901, 214901, 211961, 217961, 214961 I would be really interested in talking to them :)

Chevy boy got the manifold on backwards. Wonder what eventually happened with this stuff. I figure it got sold when he found out hemis just dont fall together. Or if its together and running right he is hardcore Mopar guy now. Noticed every piston looked to be a hi top, bout 12-1 compression. Cool how the stuff was spread out inside the house.LOL.

Chevy boy got the manifold on backwards. Wonder what eventually happened with this stuff. I figure it got sold when he found out hemis just dont fall together. Or if its together and running right he is hardcore Mopar guy now. Noticed every piston looked to be a hi top, bout 12-1 compression. Cool how the stuff was spread out inside the house.LOL.

Wouldn't really consider myself a Chevy boy, since I own a little of everything. I still have the motor and all the parts and I am well aware Hemi's don't just "fall together" as I have built plenty of motors. No need to be an asshole about the intake, my 12 year old son put on the intake manifold just for the picture.

Wouldn't really consider myself a Chevy boy, since I own a little of everything. I still have the motor and all the parts and I am well aware Hemi's don't just "fall together" as I have built plenty of motors. No need to be an asshole about the intake, my 12 year old son put on the intake manifold just for the picture.
Years ago a guy showed up at the track with the intake on backwards on a big block wedge. Yeah, he got plenty of ribbing for it lol. A lot of us who has been here for awhile know who are the ones that like to rib and are light hearted from the ones that are not. I don't know if 'hangnOut' was being malicious or not but I try to take stuff like that with a grain of salt. From experience, fighting fire with fire usually just makes things worse.....and it's great that your son is taking an interest in this stuff!

I have 2 friends who are brothers. They both have 70 Roadrunners, like I do.
BOTH of their cars flooded over the roof of the car in Katrina.
If there is a 1st/2nd/3rd place award for the category "70 Roadrunner" and we have our cars in the show, I am getting 3rd place behind them, and my car is no slouch.
That Roadrunner should be restored!

Auto Transport Service
Back