• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 source sheel metal valley tray .

Update I have had the intake manifold milled .060 thousandths from both sides .
I have used a die grinder and fit the stock valley tin to the ports as close as I could trim without getting into the compression seal of the the gasket. I sealed the ports with Hylomar blue and end rails with permatex black.
This is what it look like installed.

IMG_20220201_193604.jpg IMG_20220201_202821.jpg IMG_20220201_202334.jpg IMG_20220201_202827.jpg IMG_20220201_193631.jpg

I also used the 440 source valley pan at first I thought I had a main seal oil leak after about 75 miles on a new build. Ordered a main seal and was about to remove oil pan when I took the car out to a car show, when I returned home and opened the hood I notice a pool of oil under my intake manifold. Cut off the valley pan and installed Hughes valley pan trey kit which is really nice since cause it’s set up for ported heads. No more leaks
7t500 notice you are using trick flow heads is that a 400 block? Trick flow said I couldn’t use their heads because my bore is only 4.280 ( 30 over ) stock bore
Thx Bill

7t500 notice you are using trick flow heads is that a 400 block? Trick flow said I couldn’t use their heads because my bore is only 4.280 ( 30 over ) stock bore
Thx Bill

Yes, it's a 400 block. Is yours a 383?

Yes, it's a 400 block. Is yours a 383?
Yes it’s a383 30over stroker to 450cu. I have cnc stealth heads from 440 source 530hp. at crank. Thumper roller cam which I’m changing to solid roller spec. out by Dwane Porter was looking into upgrading the heads to trick flow, but when I spoke to tech they told me the only way the heads will work is I couldn’t use a cam bigger than 500 lift. Other people told me it shouldn’t be a problem, so I have to research a little more. Don’t really feel like notching the cylinders.

Yes it’s a383 30over stroker to 450cu. I have cnc stealth heads from 440 source 530hp. at crank. Thumper roller cam which I’m changing to solid roller spec. out by Dwane Porter was looking into upgrading the heads to trick flow, but when I spoke to tech they told me the only way the heads will work is I couldn’t use a cam bigger than 500 lift. Other people told me it shouldn’t be a problem, so I have to research a little more. Don’t really feel like notching the cylinders.
In process of a 383 stroker w 60 over as it’s been rebuilt previous. I had planned on the 440Source heads but they have no timeline for availability. I’m right at the cusp for the TF 240 heads but have been told it will be ok ( using the TF cam as sold on 440 Source). Will update in approx 1 month as well as the valley pan conundrum mentioned above as that’s the same pan sitting in the machine shop.

In process of a 383 stroker w 60 over as it’s been rebuilt previous. I had planned on the 440Source heads but they have no timeline for availability. I’m right at the cusp for the TF 240 heads but have been told it will be ok ( using the TF cam as sold on 440 Source). Will update in approx 1 month as well as the valley pan conundrum mentioned above as that’s the same pan sitting in the machine shop.
Someone here on bbodys used the trick flow heads on a 383 60 over with no problems makes me wonder why I’m being told it won’t work with 30 over. Spoke to a performance shop that sells brodix heads and they told me they have no problem using brodix heads on a 383 bore and that head has a 2.20 intake valve verses 2.19 on TF heads

Didn’t read through the whole post, but for what it’s worth: I’ve never once used paper gaskets here, always just the valley pan alone with a bead of sealant around the ports. Never had a problem.

Well, I've been working on more test fitment for my build and wanted to show the 440 Source valley pan issues I came across.

The flange was pretty clearly warped, likely thanks to welding and grinding the crossover clearance in place. I was able to improve on the fitment drastically by using a hammer and flat surface. It took a few tries but I got it to a point I'm hoping it will seal.

I will run it and try to report back with my results. I'm glad I happened across this thread because otherwise I would have assumed it fit well and just installed it without checking the sealing edges... that'll learn me for trusting anyone...

20220212_134847.jpg 20220212_134929.jpg 20220212_135708.jpg 20220212_135648.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back