• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500- 68 charger

Figured I should finish and install the stainless firewall blank off panel before I install the dash since I'm fastening it with locknuts inside and they would be tuff with the dash in. Bought a piece of .032 ss for $45. I think it came out good. I'm gonna put seam sealer behind the ss panel to keep it from leaking and rattling. Gotta cut a couple more holes for throttle bracket.

20171104_205719.jpg
Done.
20171105_102333.jpg

Last edited:
Started installing the dash harness. I have a diagram that I need to look at because this gauge cluster is a 69 and I think there may be a couple of differing connectors.

20171115_203237.jpg 20171115_203353.jpg 20171115_203456.jpg

Good luck on the wiring. I have been putting my off because it scares me. I think that I have the least amount of confidence in the electrical wiring.

New harness or old? I will say pay very good attention to the circuit board runs and the pin connectors. I had a few that were wiggle loose and it caused all kind of problems. Also, there is a gasket between the metal cluster housing and the back of the round pin connectors. And replace the ammeter strip gasket so it doesn't compress and make contact with the cluster housing.

Other than that, the wiring is a breeze :)

Made a wiper motor delete plate out of some of the leftover ss. Anyone have experience putting led bulbs in a ralley dash? I'm thinking of trying some but they are so expensive I'm skeered of wasting money.

20171121_220631.jpg

Made a wiper motor delete plate out of some of the leftover ss. Anyone have experience putting led bulbs in a ralley dash? I'm thinking of trying some but they are so expensive I'm skeered of wasting money.

View attachment 542215

I haven't done the leds in the dash but did use them in the console, dash map, interior courtesy lights and they are awesome. I kept burning my leg on the console lights but the leds are cool to the touch.

I know there are guys that have used them for dash lights so I am going to tag around and see what they say.

I've read that they will not work for blinkers unless you install a gizmo in the line that makes them work. I'll try them everywhere else in the dash and just use the stock ones in the blinkers.
I finished the back seat delete panel with more of the black boat carpet. I going to make one for the package tray tomorrow. I also did a little something to the caltrac bars.

20171123_153832.jpg 20171123_154147.jpg 20171123_154647.jpg

I've read that they will not work for blinkers unless you install a gizmo in the line that makes them work. I'll try them everywhere else in the dash and just use the stock ones in the blinkers.
For a few dollars, an electronic flasher will keep your blinkers steady, no matter what the electrical load.
https://www.amazon.ca/LUYED-5-Pin-E...1511492916&sr=8-1&keywords=electronic+flasher

These are available in 2 pin, 3 pin etc. to replace whatever you have now.

Got some goodies for the dash. I've gotten stuff from Van's Auto off ebay before and the quality seems to be pretty good. Funny how some of these parts are " Mopar- Authentic Restoration Products", made in Taiwan., lol.,That box had the lower dash side plates from windycitymusclecars.com. They are fine also, just still feels kinda crappy knowing my classic american muscle car was put back together with imported parts.

20171130_175614.jpg 20171130_175837.jpg 20171130_181324.jpg 20171127_180808.jpg

New speaker and defrost vents installed. Sorry to the purists but I can't bring myself to putting things back together with the flimsy stock stamped steel clip nuts and similar, so I'm using fiber locknuts everywhere I can in places that don't show, like the speaker. Hopefully using real locknuts instead will help prevent rattles.

20171201_204251.jpg

I finished the back seat delete panel with more of the black boat carpet. I going to make one for the package tray tomorrow. I also did a little something to the caltrac bars.

View attachment 542845 View attachment 542846 View attachment 542847
I am putting my dash together also. I was also thinking about the how well the LED lights work. I had also heard that the led's do not pull enough power the make the blinker relay work. I may do what you are and just put them everywhere else but in the blinker indicator lights.

I put the red led lights in and lit up the gauge bulbs for bench test. Not sure if I like them or not., they're kinda dim. Funny, got them from superbrightleds.com. I did notice the lumens were lower on the colored ones. Kinda thought red dash lights would go along with the black car with red touches here and there thing.

20171206_182407.jpg 20171206_182446.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 542845 View attachment 542846 View attachment 542847

Daytona Kid - The gizmo that you need is to replace the current flasher with a solid state flasher.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...12anl-01-led-bulb-electronic-flasher/781/835/

Should look like the one that you have in the car too:

CF12ANL-01-led-flasher-store.jpg

They run $9.95 - and you'll have a full set of LEDs in the car - I love mine, they look great.

The reason that your current flasher will not work is because the LED have such a small amp draw, it cannot heat up the bi-metal element to cause it to break contact - then cool to make contact ( thus the flash ) so with the current flasher it would stay lit all the time and not flash. It's really pretty simple to get it installed - even plug into the existing wiring in the car too !

Will get one of those one day but my project funding is so low right now I even had to make my rear seat out of leftover lumber.

20171212_191817.jpg
Since my rear seat was trash and since I ran the roll bars the way I did I thought I'd finish off the rear seat delete mod with this platform. I made it as low as I could and will put the good ole black boat carpet on it. May mount a NOS bottle on it, ice chest, fire bottle, etc.

Last edited:
Just about ready to install the dash. I insulated the under dash and kick panel areas with some recycled wool and cotton flock blanket material. I like this stuff and will be using it for the rest of the under carpet insulation also.

20171216_221621[1].jpg

Last edited:
Just about ready to install the dash. I insulated the under dash and kick panel areas with some recycled wool and cotton flock blanket material. I like this stuff and will be using it for the rest of the under carpet insulation also.

View attachment 550272

That's a pretty slick idea!! Car is looking good :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back