• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 Fury Pro-Touring

Now that's a ton of work to get a lid fitting right, nice work! Love seeing panels going on after all of the work you've done and that scoop really sets it off. Going to be a wicked ride.

Great work Bob. Just wanted to remind you that the 65 cowl had a larger hole for the firewall connector than the 64. Maybe that will help as I didn't discover that until my car was painted and then it was a PIA.

heres our ultra low mount kit. sorry don't want to hijack, just want to inform...

Now that's a ton of work to get a lid fitting right, nice work! Love seeing panels going on after all of the work you've done and that scoop really sets it off. Going to be a wicked ride.
Thanks much. Having finished your Charger (are they ever actually done?) you know what a great feeling certain major milestones bring, and this is definitely one of those. The majority of the body work is done so priming and blocking is a pretty minor thing to finish, so I’m stoked!

Great work Bob. Just wanted to remind you that the 65 cowl had a larger hole for the firewall connector than the 64. Maybe that will help as I didn't discover that until my car was painted and then it was a PIA.

Hey Pushrod, thanks for reaching out.
Yeah, that opening in the firewall you mention was the first clue my replacement cowl was either not from a Fury or from a different year; finally figured out it was from a ‘65, but it lined up perfectly and I had no fitment issues so it worked out., especially since this isn’t a restoration that needs to look stock. In fact, the entire firewall portion of the cowl structure was replaced so that hole (and others) never came into play for me.

Thanks again for reaching out, I appreciate it.

heres our ultra low mount kit. sorry don't want to hijack, just want to inform...

If something this sweet is hijacking my thread then by all means do so, this is exactly what I have been wanting! Couple questions:
There appears to be a tensioner mount between the water neck and the alternator, am I correct?
Will this kit be sold complete like the other SD’s?
Will there be a choice in alternator output?
What kind of pricing is SD looking at?

Thanks much,
Bob

Hey Bob,
Thanks , that's what we do.
I replaced the front clip on my 64 from a 65 4 door and like you said, the firewall connector was the only issue. Keep up the good work.

Will this kit be sold complete like the other SD’s? our kits come ala carte so you can pick and choose what accessories you want to buy and which ones you want to get on your own.
Will there be a choice in alternator output? the alternator shown in the pic is a 150 amp flaming river unit. we will be looking at using the smaller nippendenso alternators in this kit as well.
What kind of pricing is SD looking at? pricing will be inline with our other kits in the 500-700 range.

we will also be integrating this kit with a belt driven water pump for those that need that as well.

Will this kit be sold complete like the other SD’s? our kits come ala carte so you can pick and choose what accessories you want to buy and which ones you want to get on your own.
Will there be a choice in alternator output? the alternator shown in the pic is a 150 amp flaming river unit. we will be looking at using the smaller nippendenso alternators in this kit as well.
What kind of pricing is SD looking at? pricing will be inline with our other kits in the 500-700 range.

we will also be integrating this kit with a belt driven water pump for those that need that as well.

Thanks for the info.
For the shear reducrion in size and the ease of replacement (if/when necessary) I definitely prefer the Denso units, and if running a mechanical pump eliminates a tensioner between the alternator and thermostat housing then mechanical will be my choice, it will make for a cleaner install.
Looks like I’ll be running the SD setup on the Fury!

Been doing a lot of traveling for work so my time working on the Fury has been limited, and when I do get to work on the car I'm busy doing body work, so not much to show, but progress is definitely being made.
Here are a couple shots of the hood and trunk lid during the filling/shaping process; I'll post some of them after I've done the block sanding:

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

No updates for a couple weeks at least, I've got another biz trip and will be on the road for 10 days or so, but if everything goes to plan I'll be taking about 1 month off from work and hope to have the car in paint, wired, etc. by the end of that month, so lots of updates when that happens.

Been doing a lot of traveling for work so my time working on the Fury has been limited, and when I do get to work on the car I'm busy doing body work, so not much to show, but progress is definitely being made.
Here are a couple shots of the hood and trunk lid during the filling/shaping process; I'll post some of them after I've done the block sanding:

No updates for a couple weeks at least, I've got another biz trip and will be on the road for 10 days or so, but if everything goes to plan I'll be taking about 1 month off from work and hope to have the car in paint, wired, etc. by the end of that month, so lots of updates when that happens.
I like those two feature lines up the center of the hood.

Hey Ghost,

Yeah, I like them too but to my knowledge Fury's had smooth/flat hoods (my stock hood is flat) so it's just another one of Sled City's deviations.

Welcome back Bob. Glad you made it back even for a short time. This is my 64 Plymouth stock steel hood and it has the lines. Looking froward to seeing progress again soon!

IMG_2107.JPG

Welcome back Bob. Glad you made it back even for a short time. This is my 64 Plymouth stock steel hood and it has the lines. Looking froward to seeing progress again soon!

View attachment 578113

Hey Mal,

Got some serious plans when I get back from the trip, so hoping for some real progress.

Really glad to see the body lines are supposed to be there, orherwise I’d have wondered about the way more than they’re worth.

Where's Bob.... That's quite some trip that he's been on.

Where's Bob.... That's quite some trip that he's been on.

Hey Mal,
Thanks for thinking of me!
Got back from my trip and mad the heartbreaking decision to close my company, so have spent the last 2 months liquidating my inventory and tearing down the warehouse.
At this point I’m almost finished but and will be starting a new adventure soon, but that adventure is going to keep me out of the shop for at least another few weeks.
Take care and keep your eyes peeled, I’ll be back!

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know I've been working on the Fury!
I got back in the shop a couple weeks ago and was prepping the body for sealer/paint when I decided I just didn't like the direction I'd taken many (many!) years ago, so I decided to strip the car back to metal, re-apply the epoxy "primer" and begin the process again. At this point most of the car is stripped so I'll be spraying the epoxy very soon. Once that's done I'll go back and touch-up the body work then re-do the blocking and get it sealed and ready for paint.
I'll get some pix and post them but realistically, how exciting is it to look at pix of body work?

Oh yea, a couple things:
1) I picked up a new, in the box American Autowire 20 circuit harness for $140 (including shipping) on ebay! I don't know if it's permissible to put links for stuff like that in posts but if you're interested let me know and I'll send it to you via an IM.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
2) I'm going to pick up a taller than stock '65 Hemi scoop; I've been holding off for a while but now that I'm moving forward with the body work it's time.

Take care and I'll talk to you all soon.

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know I've been working on the Fury!
I got back in the shop a couple weeks ago and was prepping the body for sealer/paint when I decided I just didn't like the direction I'd taken many (many!) years ago, so I decided to strip the car back to metal, re-apply the epoxy "primer" and begin the process again. At this point most of the car is stripped so I'll be spraying the epoxy very soon. Once that's done I'll go back and touch-up the body work then re-do the blocking and get it sealed and ready for paint.
I'll get some pix and post them but realistically, how exciting is it to look at pix of body work?

Oh yea, a couple things:
1) I picked up a new, in the box American Autowire 20 circuit harness for $140 (including shipping) on ebay! I don't know if it's permissible to put links for stuff like that in posts but if you're interested let me know and I'll send it to you via an IM.

2) I'm going to pick up a taller than stock '65 Hemi scoop; I've been holding off for a while but now that I'm moving forward with the body work it's time.

Take care and I'll talk to you all soon.
Let me know how well you like that wiring harness. I'm in the market for one. Does it have all the circuits for brakes, turn signals etc?

Let me know how well you like that wiring harness. I'm in the market for one. Does it have all the circuits for brakes, turn signals etc?
Hey Duke,

Once I complete (re-complete?) the bodywork I’ll be digging into the harness and will definitely post about it.
A cursory glance at the AAW webpage told me, yes, there are dedicated circuits for everything, and even though the harness does have a couple relays included I plan on making an additional relay board to handle ALL the heavy duty curcuits.
I’ll be back!

Auto Transport Service
Back