• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Aussie Coronet!

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a 65 Coronet 440 Convertible I'm doing up and a 63 Dodge Phoenix (Canadian 440). As the Canadian is a RHD, I am thinking about grafting the left hook Coronet to the right hook Phoenix. Just two inches difference between them! Call me mad but I think it can end up a sweet ride!

Welcome..

By the way your post is wrong...it NEEDS PHOTOS! :)

YOUR MAD.
Well maybe not, who knows....let's see some pics and take it from there.
Welcome.

welcome to FBBO, left hook & right hook ?????? lost me... I guess your referring to right & left hand/steering or drive ?? I didn't know Aussies spoke a different language...he he ha ha... lost in translation I guess, maybe you could start a thread in the general discussion forum, post up some photos for sure... I'm pretty sure everyone would like to see it/them

welcome to FBBO, left hook & right hook ?????? lost me... I guess your referring to right & left hand/steering or drive ?? I didn't know Aussies spoke a different language...he he ha ha... lost in translation I guess, ...............

Yes you are correct in that assumption Bud. Looks like our new friend needs to learn how to write with an American accent :yes:

Commonly used term here and in Aussie is "left-hook" for a "left hand drive" vehicle.

I think I might have to start a translation guide for the foreigners here among us to avoid further confusion...lol

Welcome aboard '65 Aussie Coronet, and like Tek said above, some pics would be useful. We can then decide how mad you really are with this idea of merging two cars. :hello2:

Thanks for the welcome guys. Sorry about the wrong language! Here are some photos of the Coronet. First one is when it was delivered to me last year. The rest are various ones showing the amount of rust that I paid for!
CoronetSmallPic.jpgDSC05191.jpg
DSC00173.jpg

Since these were taken I have removed the dashboard, windscreen and so on ready for the front to have the spot welds un picked.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again guys, Here is a few photos of the 1963 Phoenix (Polara). I only got her over Christmas. The lad that was doing her up was building a drag car.

03.jpgIMG_1380.jpg04.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back