• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 charger photos

engine March 2015 2.jpgtransparent hood2.jpg
Looks awesome. I had to go with 18" wheels for my brakes. And I like 'em! Any pictures of the engine compartment?

Here are a couple of the engine compartment. in the first one there was only one 392 cover as two right sides were shipped. I have to take a better photo but you can see the other side in the 2nd photo.

Beautiful pictures thank you! Back to the tires, I could not find a listing of those sizes in a matched pair by brand. What brand and model are those? Thanks again, the car came out over the top nice!!

Greg
Here is tire information
They are Continentals 245/40/17s in the front with 295/40/17s in the rear. Believe I mistakenly said the backs were 50s

I finally picked my car up from the shop and brought it home. The gauges had some rework to do but the car is home at last. Below is a link the video of the car departing the shop plus a picture of the car with my 2009 Dodge Challenger (5.7L 6speed). I left the Challenger at the shop for storage as my wife's BMW convertible now claims one of two garage spots.
Car on day it came home.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjPH7WfpKzs

While I am generally not a fan of the different profile tires on our cars, I have to say with the Mag 500 replicas, that looks really good!

Yea, I have to agree with Bob... those are sharp looking wheels!
I really like the Soft Lip on the 17", I just wish they had something similar for the 15" version. As I said in my previous post, I'm not a big fan of overly large wheels, but in this case the 17" on the back of yours really do look good! I'd still like to see a 15" or a 16" on the front, but that's just my personal preference. By the way, if you don't my asking, are those the Yearone version, US MAG, AR or who?
My car is almost ready for paint now so I have been popping various Charger pic's into Photoshop and playing with them, applying different colors, etc. One of my favorite shots to work with has been this one, because the all silver base is perfect to work with... this wouldn't be yours by any chance would it?

Silver 67.jpg

Yea, I have to agree with Bob... those are sharp looking wheels!
I really like the Soft Lip on the 17", I just wish they had something similar for the 15" version. As I said in my previous post, I'm not a big fan of overly large wheels, but in this case the 17" on the back of yours really do look good! I'd still like to see a 15" or a 16" on the front, but that's just my personal preference. By the way, if you don't my asking, are those the Yearone version, US MAG, AR or who?
My car is almost ready for paint now so I have been popping various Charger pic's into Photoshop and playing with them, applying different colors, etc. One of my favorite shots to work with has been this one, because the all silver base is perfect to work with... this wouldn't be yours by any chance would it?

View attachment 276237

67 Mopar
Yes, that is my car in the picture. The restoration shop put it into the New York Auto Show to promote their work. It worked out well for me as they ensured they had a very high quality work given that the car was on display there for 9 days for the public and two days with the media beforehand.

I agree with you conceptually on the wheel size. The 17 inch wheels were necessitated by the brakes which are bigger but necessary given the 6.4L. I.e., want to be able to stop. I would have gone with 15 inch wheels if I could have. You are correct the wheels are Magnum 500s from Yearone.

- - - Updated - - -

While I am generally not a fan of the different profile tires on our cars, I have to say with the Mag 500 replicas, that looks really good!

ODZKing
Thank you. I think they came out nice. As mentioned above, I had to go 17 inch for the brakes. I am originally from CNY so perhaps I can make it up to the late June show next year. I currently live in NYC area.

66 Silver With Red Under Restoration

My wife's 66 Silver with Red over at Maaco for a fresh AA1 Silver Metallic paint job. Car is totally original and rust free, bought it from a guy in Omaha Nebraska (Craigslist). Still has the original factory paint on the underside of the floors and the grease pencil markings are still on the underside of the trunk lid, (7.75 WW). Will post more pics once she and I put it all back together!

Attachments

• Charger Paint Day 1  Number 3.JPG
    Charger Paint Day 1 Number 3.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 416
Just got mine back from the paint shop.
Let the re assembly begin.

Attachments

• IMG_0583 (1024x765).jpg
    IMG_0583 (1024x765).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0591 (1024x765).jpg
    IMG_0591 (1024x765).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0589 (1024x765).jpg
    IMG_0589 (1024x765).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0592 (1024x765).jpg
    IMG_0592 (1024x765).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 413
Agree. Think the car looks great. I am more of a stock person when it comes to appearances but they did some really nice small modifications to the cars appearance. Two tone paint looks good along with the rims they selected. Generally keep interior or "original like" (e.g., rear seats are similar in shape to original but bigger). I think they showed some very good balance between modernizing and keeping car original

That car was in Mopar Muscle mag a few years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back