• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66 Belvedere Wheels

1320 Graphix

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
Helping someone out picking wheel and tire sizes for his '66 Belvedere. Going with AR Torque Thrusts. I know the wheel wells are much tighter than later B-Bodies that I am used to. Will these fit?

15x7 P255 60/15 on the back
15x6 P215 70/15 on the front

I have done some searching and these sizes seem to come up a lot for not rubbing on the back. Or has anyone gone with anything different. Any help is appreciated.

I have no idea if the rears will work. A search for "tire size" and "wheel size" will find the answer. I've seen a lot of posts on this over the years, good hunting!

I have no idea if the rears will work. A search for "tire size" and "wheel size" will find the answer. I've seen a lot of posts on this over the years, good hunting!

I did search the forums, theres a lot of different info. Thats why I asked a specific question and sizing.

I have 215/70-15 fronts, 255/60-15 rears all 4 on 15x6.5 wheels with 4.25" backspace. I have zero issues with fitment.

Backspacing is the key for the rears. The more the better. There gobs of room inboard, but there is a ridge on the outside inner fender well that prevents a larger tire. I tried 275/60-15's and rubbed pretty bad on a 15x8 wheels with 4.5 backspace, if I had some 5"-5.25" backspace wheels it would probably work.

unnamed (2).jpg IMG_0319.JPG

Thank you, thats what I needed to know. It's not my car but I m helping him out with the sizing. Appreciate it

14 x 7 Mecury Marquis wheels with Firestone G70-14 redlines.
Car sits low, and even lower with the new springs.
Minor rubbing on outside of driver's side.

Auto Transport Service
Back