• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Carpet Install

RedBeard

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
Hay,
Was wondering what anyone has done for the carpet section that goes on the back of the 67 console. Seems that none of the carpet kits come with this piece. Odd. ???

1691595896133.jpeg

Wish I could help you but mine is different for 66

Your is intact. Clean it, redye it, and put it right back on the car.

Yes someone has made a replacement, but I agree with R413 that one looks good.
Plus, you'll never see it again.

I've shown it before in my Talladega here we come thread.

You know that can of Black shoe polish in the cupboard that you haven't used in 30 years. Brush it on and brush it out just like doing your shoes. Carpet will look like new.

Yep that was my plan. Fairly good shape for the age. Was just curious why the carpet sets do not have it. They have all the other pieces.

Yep that was my plan. Fairly good shape for the age. Was just curious why the carpet sets do not have it. They have all the other pieces.
If I recall, a proper 67 kit was 22 PC, or was it 23?
How do they advertise it

If I recall, a proper 67 kit was 22 PC, or was it 23?
How do they advertise it
Think it should be 22 pieces. Most places state 20 pcs and show 21 in the picture. The place I purchased from stated it was a "complete kit". I have inquired with them this morning and have not heard back yet.

Is that a 4 speed console because I bought extra carpet to cover the sides, mines an auto. Dadsbee is the way to go.

Is that a 4 speed console because I bought extra carpet to cover the sides, mines an auto. Dadsbee is the way to go.
Nope. Auto console. That small plate below the back grill is covered by a small section of carpet.

Fairly sure my ACC kit came with it when I did mine. I remember replacing it

This was back in 2018. Now that I’m thinking about it I can’t remember if the kit came from Legendary or ACC.

This was back in 2018. Now that I’m thinking about it I can’t remember if the kit came from Legendary or ACC.
K. Well sad to say that even Legendary shows that it is not in their kit. Also if I recall correctly, they get their kits from ACC.
1691619335420.png

Here it is at legendary. But again, look at their stitching on the bottom. Vinyl. Original is better, if yours is nice
Screenshot_20230809_202032_Chrome.jpg

Here it is at legendary. But again, look at their stitching on the bottom. Vinyl. Original is better, if yours is nice View attachment 1507560
Yeah, ACC has made a mistake. Someone overlooked the differences between the 66 and 67 Chargers and forgot this small piece of carpet. Yes just a small piece of carpet but when we buy the carpet set for our car it is expected that ALL is there for the price we are paying. Here is OC's page for that piece.
1691675239944.png

Loop Flooring for your 1966-1970 Dodge Coronet 2DR Auto Console Strip 3pc Loop | Car & Truck Interior Carpet

Well, if you are planning on buying carpet for your cars go to Stock Interiors. Best prices and service. They are having that piece made and sent out to me to correct what was missing from the 67 Charger complete kit that I purchased from them. Early on I had a problem with the carpet that goes on the backs of the rear seats and they also corrected that. Someone at ACC cut the corners wrong.
1691703209014.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back