• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Hemi Superbird Restoration..................errr.....scratch that........

I modified my fixture for the right side upper control arm.
7B060761-40E0-4EF1-A080-0044F3996821_zpshkfcutbq.jpg

80181453-5B61-43C0-8FD7-1833054E2A8E_zpsgg5hhtaa.jpg

Then built it. Both uppers are done. Just need to finish the other lower then modify the steering spindle assembly.
E75AEB3B-0AE4-49AE-ABF9-B4EDA3088ACA_zpsxyxbrnza.jpg

The front suspension is coming together. I'd better order the rack.

7603230B-BD78-4D6F-97AC-12116152E593_zps0swtpemd.jpg

Finished up the last of the control arms last night. Next up is modifying the mustang II spindles by lopping off the steering arm and welding on new ones.

Just awesome work mike just unbelievable work. I'm finally home let me get a little stronger, have to check out the bird. Can't tell ya again your work is stellar. Usarr

Just awesome work mike just unbelievable work. I'm finally home let me get a little stronger, have to check out the bird. Can't tell ya again your work is stellar. Usarr
Thanks Gary! Get well soon!
This old heap will be here whenever you want to have a look. I just keep chipping away at it...
395944A1-E45B-4C4B-9FCB-16840DEA3EDF_zpsunhlccsl.jpg

well , i've just did 54 pages through , and not once did i want to leave what you are doing . and i must say , GREAT JOB ! but just one thing , those uca mounts are just stamped sheet steel , is that enough ? just my thoughts . i'm just waiting for your next play by play of your blackbird . i'm a builder of sorts , but your project is wonderful , and i like the superbird platform . and make sure you hug your family for given you the leeway for your love of hot rods . thanks for your world class craftsmenship and membership to shear with us . you make us all better craftsmen .

well , i've just did 54 pages through , and not once did i want to leave what you are doing . and i must say , GREAT JOB ! but just one thing , those uca mounts are just stamped sheet steel , is that enough ? just my thoughts . i'm just waiting for your next play by play of your blackbird . i'm a builder of sorts , but your project is wonderful , and i like the superbird platform . and make sure you hug your family for given you the leeway for your love of hot rods . thanks for your world class craftsmenship and membership to shear with us . you make us all better craftsmen .
Thanks for tuning in. The UCA mounts are just stamped steel but it's a heavy gage and has done well with all kinds of suspension systems. My other car has this same setup. Thanks for all the kind words as well. I'm only doing this because I can't afford to pay someone to do it!
WOW! That's some healthy suspension.. Alien technology
Thanks, but I'm saving all the Alien technology for the engine!

How's it going HEMI any updates, you got us spoiled. One of the baddest builds on here. Lol

BB029DBC-8420-4575-89EA-07F26B089955_zpsfvurjkjb.jpg

8A4503EF-7A81-48DF-86FC-3D2DB48F726A_zpsv9mit08t.jpg

Just trying to get this one out this year. 535cube with a 300hp fogger. Gotta sort it out for Drag Week...

It'll be here before you know it. Is the power tour coming anywhere near your neck of the woods.

Great setup you have! My garage is on a hill, so if you roll a car out the damn thing rolls away! It is a pain in the *** to move non-running cars from one bay to the next...

Thanks guys. That slab is 24x31, 6" deep, 4000psi white rock mix with wire and fiber mesh. I also have a two car garage on the house for the daily drivers. That's where my green 70 is now.

Great setup you have! My garage is on a hill, so if you roll a car out the damn thing rolls away! It is a pain in the *** to move non-running cars from one bay to the next...
My last house had a sloped drive way. I vowed never again!

So... I'm really diggin this setup with the exception of the $2200 price tag.
50A22092-1CC6-4EEB-9899-BD571C4AA77B_zpszgsax4hk.jpg

I'm wondering if I can build my own version for about 1/2 of that price? I only need the AC compressor and the alternator so I think it would be super clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back