• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Super Bee fender Lynch Rd tag decoder

70Superbee1

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Good afternoon

I have a 70 Super Bee that I'm trying to decode and to find out if it's rare or not
Here is a snapshot of the fender tag

Thanks
Paul

1715706417865.png

The welcome wagon is to introduce yourself. I will move this to a proper forum.

Just a "regular" old 383 x automatic Post Bee.

Black PAINTED Roof, Black body, Black interior, Ramcharger hood.

C11 is always a mystery code.. but has something to do with seat belts.

088 054 668 is the drive line coding and I don't have that with me..

088: orange engine assembly for B/E-body - 383HP 4bbl (335hp) w/Holley carb. for automatic transmission

054 is a 3.23 open differential, 11" brakes

668 is a HD 727 3 speed

088: orange engine assembly for B/E-body - 383HP 4bbl (335hp) w/Holley carb. for automatic transmission

054 is a 3.23 open differential

668 is a HD 727 3 speed
Thank you
How can you tell if the stripe has been deleted

Thank you
Nothing gets "deleted", they are all options. Lynch Road wasn't great at putting stuff on tags though, just Broadcast sheets.

That said, the ONLY option showing on my '69 tag is 8W for a White tail stripe, so suspect if yours was to have stripes (tail or C's) it would be on the tag. Maybe the orderer figured a triple Black was enough without cluttering it up.

Back seat... front seat.. under carpet.. above glove box. That said Lynch wasn't overly enthusiastic about getting rid of garbage like other facilities. None in my 69 Bee and been with it my entire life. My 70 Bird had two sheets in it. Back seat and behind cover in drivers side bucket.

Thank you

Coding changes year to year, plant to plant and even within a model year.

for 1970 Super Bees, the side C stripe was standard and the bumble bee stripe was optional.
Neither of these are coded on a 1970 Lynch Road Super Bee tag fender tag.

The only time the stripe is coded on the 70 LR SB fender tag is when the stripe was deleted. If it was deleted, then you will see the V88 code.

70_SB_Stripes_750.jpg
70_WM21_E63_D32_BL1_103527_LR.jpg

Just a "regular" old 383 x automatic Post Bee.

Black PAINTED Roof, Black body, Black interior, Ramcharger hood.

C11 is always a mystery code.. but has something to do with seat belts.

088 054 668 is the drive line coding and I don't have that with me..

C11 = Scheduled production date of December 11th.

The relationship of the Body number (180071) to the VIN 181822 indicates the car was possibly built a day 'early' or 'as scheduled'.

About 2.9% of the 70 WM21 cars shipped for sale in the US were TX9. It's toward the end of 'not common' colors but not the rarest for a '70 Bee.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back