• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Hemi Superbird in the Rafters of a shop!?!

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
1695230099990.png

This 1970 Plymouth Superbird Hemi 4-Speed Is A Valuable Gem Found In The Rafters Of A Shop

I remember commenting on that YouTube guy that got a Hemi Superbird for a $130k that was a rebody back in February 2021, that it would have sold for $400k if original. A few on here said that was way high. $400k would be a good price now. But then again everything has doubled in price since early 2021.

I like how the hoods open......ya know like theyre working on it up there lol.

My friend Tony (RIP) did something similar... He put his '31 Vicky on top of his repair shops waiting room. The car needed to redone and he had other priorities. The loft area was structurally fortified to store that much weight. The car was safe and out of the way and required some patience, and skill to put there. I'm sure whoever had to get it down from there after he passed was white knuckled throughout the removal process. But what a prize!

I know a local guy that has close to forty cars stored on pallet racks... Some of the cars are triple stacked.... Lotta 30's & 40-41 Fords but he's also a Mopar guy, has a few Hemi cars including an old "Color Me Gone" race car & easily a dozen Hemis.... Some Studebakers, couple Boat tail Buick Riviera GranSports...

I know the owner of that car. There is an original LO23 dart on the floor close by. Neither car is for sale

Lo23.jpg

That's where my stolen superbird ended up, haha, it's a joke.

At least the guys is getting full enjoyment out of them sitting there in the shop and not being driven.

At least the guys is getting full enjoyment out of them sitting there in the shop and not being driven.
Dont judge when you dont know details. The man had / has a family to raise. Now that his kids are grown he enjoys doing things they like to do. The cars are long paid for and are not for sale . Until he gets the desire to do something with them. They are well stored / secured

Auto Transport Service
Back