• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A shot in te dark.

The_Sasquach

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for the car I was given as a High school Graduation present. It is a '72 Roadrunner TB3 (Basin street blue), black bench seat, air grabber, 400 Ci, 3 speed manual, car. It was sold by Southern Moparts the company was owned by Lawrence Dubose in the mid '90s to someone in North Carolina I beleave. It no longer had the numbers matching engine or trans, but correct year replacements may have been sold with it. I should have the VIN. I just have to find it and will post it when I do. The car was sold new at Roberts Chrysler Plymouth in Augusta Ga. I was the third owner. I will also update with a picture from '91 soon. I thank you.

I am looking for the car I was given as a High school Graduation present. It is a '72 Roadrunner TB3 (Basin street blue), black bench seat, air grabber, 400 Ci, 3 speed manual, car. It was sold by Southern Moparts the company was owned by Lawrence Dubose in the mid '90s to someone in North Carolina I beleave. It no longer had the numbers matching engine or trans, but correct year replacements may have been sold with it. I should have the VIN. I just have to find it and will post it when I do. The car was sold new at Roberts Chrysler Plymouth in Augusta Ga. I was the third owner. I will also update with a picture from '91 soon. I thank you.
I hope you find it. I had a 1970 GTX six barrel, four speed car with black interior, pistol grip shifter with console, and buckets, vitamin c orange, black vinyl top. I bought it with my enlistment bonus, but hardly got to drive it. Had engine failure, and sold it for $1800.00 bucks. Fort Lewis, Tacoma, WA area 1975.

I ran mine out of gas and the Holley carb flood so badly when i put more in it, that it washed the rings. I couldn't afford a rebuild, and the car sat for 3 or 4 years, it was 100% rust free, and no damage. I didn't want to see it rot away, and was also afraid it would get in a wreck being daily driven. So I let it go. Now I would love to get it back. If possible.

Take a look at this screen shot. I owned this car up till almost 2 years ago. Exactly as you described, TB3, 400. 3 speed. Air grabber. The difference is the drive train is all matching, and the car was painted black sometime in the late 80s, early 90s. Pm me if you want more info. The car is for sale now. Good luck.

Screenshot_20240102-212426_Chrome.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back