• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alan's 1970 Charger Restoration

It would be interesting to take '68 or '69 model fenders and see about modifying them to resemble the 1970 models.
From the middle to the rear, they appear to be the same. It would be a matter of modifying the very front and then the lower front where the valance attaches.
A $500 used 68-69 fender + a bit or work OR Search and search for an expensive original 1970 fender.
At what price point would it be worth it for the aftermarket to step in with reproductions?
Exactly, if 2 years (68 & 69) make it worthwhile for them to reproduce, wouldn't it make sense to do it at 1.5x-2x the price of the 68/69 fenders? How many people would be in at that price - 700-1000 per fender?

Part of the original reason for not reproducing them was that there were only 46,000 1970 Chargers built while there were about 95,000 68s and 90,000 69s. The 68 and 69 models were the most desirable for the most part too. The past 10 years, the 1970 has closed the gap on value. The Fast and Furious franchise may have made that possible.

Part of the original reason for not reproducing them was that there were only 46,000 1970 Chargers built while there were about 95,000 68s and 90,000 69s. The 68 and 69 models were the most desirable for the most part too. The past 10 years, the 1970 has closed the gap on value. The Fast and Furious franchise may have made that possible.
So you're saying they'd need to charge 3-4x?

(Shhhhhh)
I've certainly messaged AMD about producing them. I even suggested they set up a pre-order to see the actual demand as it could change when folks have to put their money where their mouths are :).

Has anyone tried the fiberglass ones from aarqualityfiberglass? I'm still planning on having a shop fix the chassis/body so I'd leave it to them if the current fenders are salvageable or must be replaced.

Auto Transport Service
Back